R30 Entering frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Can’t find this is the manual. Do I have to enter the frequencies from low to high or will the R30 figure it out? Want to save a series of frequencies into a bank but may add more when I find others.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
bearcatrp - NO, ICOM does not have Pre assigned banks like Whistler/Uniden when Scanning a Trunked system, its Simply one long Bank , because the ICOM does not Trunktrack , you can Omit the Control/Alt Ctrl frequencies. I have my ICOM organized by Location (City/County), and then by Service Type( PD, Fire EMS) and Try to Group those Togeather. for Example - Combine ALL of a City PD in just ONE Bank. and Name it for EZ Identifycation. and for Bank 001 - I have General Coverage frequencies programed, like AM-FM Radio, Weather, Marine and NEWS Agency, but I don't usually SCAN that Bank , I Skip it and ONLY use it in Emergencies/ Bad Weather. All other banks I keep separate as well , like AIR Band and MILAIR and my Airshow Frequencies, this can be Difficult as the Military/Demo Teams change Frequency every year, but they do Repeat. Typically, you start Programming by just Entering a Monitor frequency, then Program that into Memory. the ICOM will tell you what Channels have been Programed in a Bank and Which ones are NOT Programed yet. the Really Great thing About ICOMS is they have Multiple SCAN modes where you can EZ Select which Banks to SKIP or if you want to SCAN in Reverse Order for Example. I Highly Recommend reading the Manual and Getting familiar with how the ICOM operates. but, its Kinda nice having TWO Frequency that you can Monitor at the Same time. (Dual VFO).

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I have both manuals. Still learning it. Already have search banks set up so now it’s time to enter specific frequencies. Appreciate your help. Omit control frequency? Would think it was still needed. Will give it a try and see how it turns out.

Last edited:

Hit_Factor

Omit control frequency? Would think it was still needed...

It's going to be easier to learn if you dont apply how a uniden scanner works or programs to the Icom receiver.

Look into exporting "Memory CH" to a csv, manipulate in excel (or similar) then import back into the R30.

While not required, you will be able to group, added, and edit very quickly. No way you can break the radio, so try things.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Status
Not open for further replies.