Erie County, NY Sheriff Dept. Digital Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2dnr

I am wondering if Erie County Sheriff (Western New York) went to P25 digital mode? I have read a little about Phase 1 and Phase 2. I have heard rumors they are on Phase 2. But before invest in a P25 Phase 2 scanner I wanted to know if they encrypted their voice transmissions. If they did then there is no point in looking for a scanner.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
As the other poster said, it's a mix of analog and P25 Phase 1 digital conventional.
Phase 2 is only for trunked systems, which they are not.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring ECSO for a while now. From what I got is going on with the switch, Jail Transport is the only ones on analog. Dispatch simulcast on both. Patrol/Police are on the P25 conventional channel. Last night a few cars were complaining about poor audio quality, so I’m not sure if it’s for keeps or just trying it out for a bit until they get the bugs out, but dispatch was complaining as well.

Nothing in Erie County is P25 Trunked (Phase 1 or Phase 2). The most advanced they have gotten is P25 conventional (ECSO and Buffalo PD). Depending on what you wanna listen to and where you live depends on if it’s worth it. Northern side can get Niagara County Phase 1, Eastern gets Genesee Co, and Southern gets Chautauqua and Catt Co. Either way, we’re surrounded by P25 trunking. We’re year and years away from Public Safety P25 Trunking in Erie County.

Peerlessk

Not to Hijack and change subject . I’m about 68 miles from downtown Buffalo and can hear what p25 is in the area like it’s in my own town . Unless......it’s raining or snowing . Even then it’s just crackly . Carry on just thought I would chime in using my Cracker Jack box ....

n2dnr

Thanks everyone. Looks like I am looking for a scanner that is capable of P25. I have looked around a little and learned they are expensive. I prefer handheld.

andyk62990 .. Good information. Thanks

Peerlessk .. Thanks for your input as well! So now I know I should be able to hear ECSO on P25 from the Holland area.

Peerlessk

Considering I’m still on a stock antenna sitting on the window sill lol you should also maybe get some deeper PA hits as well . The prices are coming down a bit on the Bcd536hp . The handheld 436 I may also grab . Good luck . Also there is search option on the web were you can put in a search for pawnshops across the United States by inputting a model of what your looking for . Pertaining to pretty much anything . That’s how I got my new in box Bcd536hp. . You can google that info about pawnshops

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Any new info on this as I get very few transmissions from the sheriffs frequencies.

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
From St. Catharine's, Ont. I'm hearing Niagara County 460.3750 and Erie Police on 155.2500. Before investing in a new scanner, check out what you can pick up with RTL-sdr. For 25 bucks to figure out what you can hear is a good bet...
Using linux 18.04 op25 I can listen to P1 and P2 system around me.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
From St. Catharine's, Ont. I'm hearing Niagara County 460.3750 and Erie Police on 155.2500. Before investing in a new scanner, check out what you can pick up with RTL-sdr. For 25 bucks to figure out what you can hear is a good bet...
Using linux 18.04 op25 I can listen to P1 and P2 system around me.

155.2500 could be West Seneca NY police

BITT211

OK , I have been monitoring ecso on my radio shack pro 197 , had to do some expert - PGM - FUNC- GLOB , adjustments > rf sq fade / dg int prime /sq wait1 . crystal clear , ecso and bpd . note hitting nac f86 and sometimes shows e18 ? , fyi

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
OK , I have been monitoring ecso on my radio shack pro 197 , had to do some expert - PGM - FUNC- GLOB , adjustments > rf sq fade / dg int prime /sq wait1 . crystal clear , ecso and bpd . note hitting nac f86 and sometimes shows e18 ? , fyi
I have been logging it the past few days and it is not as bad as thought on the 460.07500 nac F86, did some tweaks that help with it and BPD. Basically I took out all the conventional frequencies on my trx-2 and only put in P25, DMR and NXDN. It may have been do to busier analog transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.