Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3KGD

Premium Subscriber
I have all of the LE channels in the scan list, and I have had no hits on them, which makes me think that aren't any comms,, but there is a beep by RID8190020 on the channel, so I'm wondering if it's being recorded

That is the Priority Marker on their P25 system.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There was an issue countywide with encryption and transmissions cutting out on the encrypted channels, so all law agencies defaulted to the "Special" talkgroups on their radios which are unencrypted. The issue has since been fixed for the time being. All transmissions on the Special channels were real, no drill.
That is a weird failure since encryption is typically an end-to-end process. The encrypted audio originates in a console or subscriber unit, and is decrypted in either a subscriber unit or console. It should not take entire channels down. Perhaps there was an issue after re-keying, or perhap during an OTAR procedure.

N3KGD

Premium Subscriber
That is a weird failure since encryption is typically an end-to-end process. The encrypted audio originates in a console or subscriber unit, and is decrypted in either a subscriber unit or console. Perhaps there was an issue when re-keying, or perhap during an OTAR procedure.

Yeah, not exactly sure, but without going into further detail, that's what was determined to be the root cause of multiple law transmissions spanning all law talkgroups cutting out on both subscriber and dispatch radios after 1-2 seconds of airtime. During this time, all non-encrypted radio traffic was going through fine, which is why all law talk was reverted to an unencrypted channel.

Last edited:

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I'm back up here for a bit, I caught a few second clear key up on TG 401 by Unit ID 101.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
There used to be a page on RR that showed the last 100 FCC license grants for Erie County. This link now just goes to the Erie County database page. Was this removed with the redesign of the pages?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Go to the FCC Licenses page for Erie County, sort by Granted date, done.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
So after painfully reading through this entire thread, I have some questions. They are more technical, not "scanner" questions.

I understand this is an EFJ system, not Motorola or Harris.

Verifying, the Channel ID table is as follows?:
Slot 1 (00) - Base 450.00000 - Spacing 6.25khz - Tx offset +5.0MHz - FDMA
Slot 2 (01) - Base 460.00000 - Spacing 6.25khz - Tx offset +5.0MHz - FDMA
Slot 14 (15) - Base 460.00000 - Spacing 6.25khz - Tx offset +5.0MHz - TDMA
Slot 15 (16) - Base 450.00000 - Spacing 6.25khz - Tx offset +5.0MHz - TDMA

The CCs for each zone are listed on the database as all red meaning EFJ can use them all as CCs like a Harris system?

Are there limitations to the TGs being locked to certain sites or are they system wide TGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.