Erie County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Instead of saying the update was delayed, maybe I should have said "cancelled", for lack of them knowing what to say at this point. I also tried to get it directly from Kathy D., but no response so far. Looks like they may be 4 years behind pretty soon.....

Still nothing from Kathy D., after 2 weeks and 2 emails. Sounds like all those involved have their "ducks in a row", and are on the same silent page.

wrath

Still nothing from Kathy D., after 2 weeks and 2 emails. Sounds like all those involved have their "ducks in a row", and are on the same silent page.
They are victims of the three P's Piss Poor Planning yields Piss Poor Performance .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Short story on the news today about Erie County EMA. Said the new radio system will go live "once all users are trained." That'll be a good trick with zero testing, with leaves on the trees or not.......

terryho

Feed Provider
Going to be a long training session I think! Mobil com has not installed siren control or installed all radios locally yet. Not hearing any voice testing yet anywhere but see full scale signals on several frequencies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard any voice for about a month. Only analog signal is continuous on 460.025.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
460.025 is the digital control channel for site 001. Site 002 is also on the air alternating CCs between 453.050 and 453.550. Sometimes someone keys a mike and it shows as a hit but usually no voice. It has happened a few times this week.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I drove by the Edinboro tower today. Looks to be a ton more antennas on it than there were a couple months ago. Maybe they should just put giant American flags on all the towers for now - at least they'd be used for something useful!

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I drove by the Edinboro tower today. Looks to be a ton more antennas on it than there were a couple months ago. Maybe they should just put giant American flags on all the towers for now - at least they'd be used for something useful!
That tower serves at least Open Sky, STARnet P25 and county P25. The antennas for the county system will be what is shown in Terryho's pictures above.

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
Both sites 001 & 002 have been alternating control channels VERY frequently today. At times 002 was changing every few seconds and used most of the frequencies assigned to it at some point.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Both sites 001 & 002 have been alternating control channels VERY frequently today. At times 002 was changing every few seconds and used most of the frequencies assigned to it at some point.

Should I be able to hear anything on my 536, or is this all behind the scenes stuff you are monitoring?

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I was seeing that with Pro96Com however I recorded 3 or 4 brief audio transmissions. Put your 436 and 536 in the record mode. One on the urban site and the other on rural.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I was seeing that with Pro96Com however I recorded 3 or 4 brief audio transmissions. Put your 436 and 536 in the record mode. One on the urban site and the other on rural.

I have 2 favorite lists for this system. One I made using all the frequencies by tower, and the other I'm using is the RR database. But, I only see Site 001 on the database page and in Sentinel? How do I add Site 002 in Sentinel?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10338

Railbender

Premium Subscriber
I use two lists, one for metro freqs and the other rural. I can't help with Sentinel since I do not use it for programming.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Things are still eerily quiet on the update front. Kathy D. has ignored 2 email requests. Nothing from Michael McGrady since 3/11, and John Grappy since 3/21. I still hear no voice testing at all. Could we now be looking at Fall of this year?

wrath

Things are still eerily quiet on the update front. Kathy D. has ignored 2 email requests. Nothing from Michael McGrady since 3/11, and John Grappy since 3/21. I still hear no voice testing at all. Could we now be looking at Fall of this year?
Maybe a Christmas miracle !it's a wonderfull life when you have a new radio system to learn .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

terryho

Feed Provider
Nothing heard here either! I would think they would get something going soon just to save face! Have frequencies programmed in my 536 and see strong signals but no voices heard yet but I only monitor for a short time as I have my feed streaming online. If someone hears any voices on I would like to see how you have it programmed. Trying to get a heads up on how to fine tune them when they come online. Playing with analyze and Trunking, Conventional discovery stuff a little too.

Status
Not open for further replies.