ERT

Status
Not open for further replies.

steener

Premium Subscriber
I heard them earlier this evening discussing a wreck on Interstate 44 in Joplin. So, they are still active down here on 21908.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Usually, they are on 21908 Springfield, but occasionally when Springfield office is closed they use the St Louis TG 21901 even way down here in Joplin!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Usually, they are on 21908 Springfield, but occasionally when Springfield office is closed they use the St Louis TG 21901 even way down here in Joplin!

Funny, I hear the Springfield units here in St Louis on 21901 more than any other user in the state. I don't recall ever logging 21908 here but I'd need to scour my logs to confirm. 21901 is pretty active during the mornings and again during the early evenings around say 5PM here but almost always, it's Springfield units working the highways there.

edit: I posted the TGs heard here in reverse! Corrected now to reflect that 21901 is the TG heard here but mostly Springfield units talking.

Last edited:

daddyjohn

All of Southwest TMC trucks switch to the St. Louis TMC office TG after Southwest TMC office closes at 6:00 pm every night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Isn't TG 55313 on SLATER the same thing as TG 21901 on MOSWIN? I hear what sounds like emergency responses and traffic control etc. Just thought I would ask.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Isn't TG 55313 on SLATER the same thing as TG 21901 on MOSWIN? I hear what sounds like emergency responses and traffic control etc. Just thought I would ask.

No it's not. 55313 are the Motorist Assist trucks you see around our area. They do not appear on Moswin.
I think the local Motorist Assist team is run by the Gateway Guide folks at 40/64 and 141.
The local news media seems to monitor 55313 for traffic crash reports.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
OK I am a bit confused. I am on the road almost every day and the MODOT trucks that I see all over the place going on crashes and motorist assists look to be what you guys were talking about. What vehicles are the emergency response teams? I have programmed both the Stl and Springfield area TG's you were talking about but I have not heard anything yet. I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to be listening to,

kruser

Premium Subscriber
OK I am a bit confused. I am on the road almost every day and the MODOT trucks that I see all over the place going on crashes and motorist assists look to be what you guys were talking about. What vehicles are the emergency response teams? I have programmed both the Stl and Springfield area TG's you were talking about but I have not heard anything yet. I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to be listening to,

You will hear plenty of chatter from the Motorist Assist trucks in our area but only on Slater TG 55313. It's busy enough that I locked the TG out while monitoring from home.
These guys are not on Moswin in our area. If they are, I've never heard a peep from them.
Why, I don't know as they are considered Emergency Response vehicles according to their website: MoDOT's Gateway Guide

I wonder if the trucks we see in our area are some division of MODOT even though they do have the official MODOT logo on them? The website above has pictures of the vehicles and may have answers to some of the questions but I did not read into it very much.
What is odd however is that we have an ERT or TMC dispatch center right here in St Louis dispatched on Moswin that is not used by these trucks. That one does confuse me! Are they one in the same just using different radio systems? I've never compared the dispatchers voice from Moswin with what is heard on 55313 on Slater. That could be a bit tricky being as the local TMC or ERT dispatch center does not talk until evenings between 5 and 6 PM or so on Moswin and then again, you will hear them early mornings before about 6 AM when the drivers start working.

Did Gateway Guide start without being involved with MODOT? For some reason, I think the Motorist Assist vehicles or program may have been started and run by a local agency instead of MODOT back in the early days but I cannot find anything to back that up.

Anyway, monitor Slater north and south St Louis County sites on TG 55313 if you want to hear the guys you see. They are fairly active during the morning and evening rush hours but can be heard anytime between 5 AM and 9 PM or so. They also work weekends but I'm not sure of the times.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
55313 is on SLATER. The MOSWIN TG's mentioned I have never heard of before. As I mentioned before, I programmed into my MOSWIN system but hve not heard anything yet. With all of our expetise I am sure we will figure this out.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
So far....two full days of monitoring TG's 21901 and 21908 in the St Louis area. Have not heard anything. Things still seem odd to me. Will continue to figure it out.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
So far....two full days of monitoring TG's 21901 and 21908 in the St Louis area. Have not heard anything. Things still seem odd to me. Will continue to figure it out.

Talk is very seldom. About all you will hear are trucks logging in or out before the Southwest office opens. Some days you hear nothing.
Again, they are not used in our area, all you will hear are the trucks in the southwest region checking in when their local office is closed.
If you want to monitor the local trucks, they are on SLATER TG 55313 only!

Status
Not open for further replies.