Escambia Med Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksroberson

Hello folks, I have been listening to a frequency for several days now trying to figure out what/where it is coming from.
So, I have had my SDR connected to my only outside UHF antenna (usually used for my only UHF base radio for SARNet etc...)
but i hooked the sdr up to confirm and receive DMR frequencies and TGIDs.
I came across an Analog frequency though... 453.4625... Which is not listed anywhere if you search for that frequency in RadioReference under Florida...
here is the thing-- it has been constantly keyed up, like 2 times fer second for the past few days, I can even pick it up from my handheld. I had no idea what this was other than it being listed nationwide as UHF National Interoperability UTAC41 - Tactical
as some may know... some repeaters will identify and if the CWID is interrupted, then it stops it and waits. This one does that...
it took my 3 days to decode a complete CW ID from this repeater... WPQY601 which is listed on the FCC of having this frequency, but out of ESCAMBIA county...I am in west Bay County... The FCC Map of where the different transmitters indicate that this repeater is in North Escambia county. if there is anyone in escambia county or closer than i am to escambia, try to pick it up! I wish someone would get in contact with the repeater owner to stop the CONSTANT key-ups! its rather annoying. Let me know what you all think...
453.4625 PL 156.7 UTAC41 - Tactical

ecps92

The key ups maybe coming from a VHF or 800 channel

Many agencies use a Tri-Stack to patch the 3 pairs together
See if you hear keyups on the VHF/800 Interops as well. Just a thought

Hello folks, I have been listening to a frequency for several days now trying to figure out what/where it is coming from.
So, I have had my SDR connected to my only outside UHF antenna (usually used for my only UHF base radio for SARNet etc...)
but i hooked the sdr up to confirm and receive DMR frequencies and TGIDs.
I came across an Analog frequency though... 453.4625... Which is not listed anywhere if you search for that frequency in RadioReference under Florida...
here is the thing-- it has been constantly keyed up, like 2 times fer second for the past few days, I can even pick it up from my handheld. I had no idea what this was other than it being listed nationwide as UHF National Interoperability UTAC41 - Tactical
as some may know... some repeaters will identify and if the CWID is interrupted, then it stops it and waits. This one does that...
it took my 3 days to decode a complete CW ID from this repeater... WPQY601 which is listed on the FCC of having this frequency, but out of ESCAMBIA county...I am in west Bay County... The FCC Map of where the different transmitters indicate that this repeater is in North Escambia county. if there is anyone in escambia county or closer than i am to escambia, try to pick it up! I wish someone would get in contact with the repeater owner to stop the CONSTANT key-ups! its rather annoying. Let me know what you all think...
453.4625 PL 156.7 UTAC41 - Tactical

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
It's in Escambia County, Florida. The VHF VTAC Repeaters also key up with no audio. It has been doing it for at least a year or more. if it gets to annoying I can always lock it out. Most of the traffic is now on 700mhz. Unless some major incident occurs in the county they will not use it.

ecps92

Happens a lot with the old Copper PAIRS

It's in Escambia County, Florida. The VHF VTAC Repeaters also key up with no audio. It has been doing it for at least a year or more. if it gets to annoying I can always lock it out. Most of the traffic is now on 700mhz. Unless some major incident occurs in the county they will not use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.