• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Eton E5 Findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwave2200

Premium Subscriber
I've settled on a radio. As many of you know I have had many in a short amount of time.

I bought 2 Eton E5's on ebay recently for 54.00 free shipping (priority).

Sold one on ebay for 84.00 so the one I kept only cost me 20.00.

Build quality is great (These radio's are the same as the Grundig G5).

Noise level is low, selectivity is good.

The display is nice with a whitish blue LED, very nice.

I had pl 600, pl 660, and others; recently I had a DX 398; I felt the plastic was too cheap on the 398 and the SSB stunk.

This unit fits what I need it to do, remember these were not 500.00 radio's but they do the job well.

I had a Eton E1 and this unit is alot more quiet, I can dig out more signals with the E5.

pathalogical

I have the G5, I don't think it scans through memory, you have to manually press your preset buttons to see it there is any activity. I now have an R75, it does scan through your memory presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.