Excellent Propagation tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently picking up a strong signal from KCBS Pyongyang in North Korea on 6100 Khz, 6,647 miles from where I am. I also noticed lots of other strong signals where I normally get nothing.

I'm posting to report the unusual good propagation. Are we in a good pattern for a while, or is tonight unusual?

SpaceWeather.com's forecast says that there will be 600km/s solar winds reaching Earth by late tomorrow, and there will be a 45% chance of geomagnetic storms on the 24th and 80% on the 25th, so there should be some nice auroras for those in the far northern and southern latitudes. The K index will be 2 to 3 (quiet.) I don't know how all of this will affect HF propagation though,

Please read the sticky above about using UTC for loggings and also give your actual local time - the time you post of this forum may be hours later. - Thanks

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Early this morning (11/22, 05:03utc/00:03 local) RNZI with a strong signal into central Ohio on 11725. I was not expecting such a good signal, but it was a pleasure to listen to. Using my SDRplay RSP2 and the Pixel RF Pro-1B mag loop.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.