Excerise Evac. On Palm 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

I just heard a excersise evacuation on the palm 800 TGID 45488 AND 30960 I was told they were testing a new system for the state hurricane excersise as I speak right now pretty cool stuff

Searay

Premium Subscriber
Tg 30960

If while listening you can please try to identify 30960, it is not in the database. Not sure If I will be able to pick it up in York County but I will listen out in case someone is affiliated to the Newport site.

Thanks,

Matt

lugoffman

If while listening you can please try to identify 30960, it is not in the database. Not sure If I will be able to pick it up in York County but I will listen out in case someone is affiliated to the Newport site.

Thanks,

Matt

It came over and said this was berkley county somthing radio test for the hurricane evac. I will keep you posted on what else I here and hopefully we can figure it out they said they was doing this test all month and was tring to get the system up and going in the event of a hurricane

lugoffman

Also I am using the camden cell and they also said they was going to test a state wide emergancy evac. system for all county's I heard them test four or five countys so far Horry , Berkley ,Columbia , and some others but will keep everyone informed

jamiewmorris

I am making a probable on 30960 as being EMD Ops 2.

By the database that ID is in between EMD Ops 1 and EMD Ops 3.

I am not 100% sure but I think I heard someone call another person the other day and say it was on 2, but like I said not completely sure!

lugoffman

I am making a probable on 30960 as being EMD Ops 2.

By the database that ID is in between EMD Ops 1 and EMD Ops 3.

I am not 100% sure but I think I heard someone call another person the other day and say it was on 2, but like I said not completely sure!
WELL you might be right cause I heard the guy say somthing to berkley county hospital letting them know this was a hurricane evac test and wanted the hospital to let him know how they copied

bpalmer

There is a big test of hurricane evacuation and hospital cabablities in a hurricane drill going on in the low country today and Thursday. Major use of The SCHEART system and some HF Ham bands are in use. Several agencies today had planned to practice a evacuation setup on the highways.

What you are hearing seems consistant with the drill, though I did not realize Palmetto 800 would be used other then for Highway Patrol. You should be able to hear SCHEART UHF repeaters from the coast to at least the Columbia area

Status
Not open for further replies.