HP-2: External Speaker options

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
What are people doing for external speakers on the HP-2? Is my only option a DC powered amplified speaker connected to the Line Out or Headphone jack?

Otto

I don't know if this helps, but I run my HP2 from the line out Jack to the input on my trucks factory stereo auxiliary input.
I have noticed that this output is still active even if you push the mute button on the HP2 screen, except for the key clicks and such, all radio transmission audio comes through.
I think this is the only way to have a remote speaker for the unit. It does have a built in speaker that works fine in low noise environments.

cpetraglia

I use external amplifiers and speakers for all my scanners. How can you hear anything with a speaker pointing down at a table. Never understood that. I guess there just tring to keep the dust out.

Otto

I use external amplifiers and speakers for all my scanners. How can you hear anything with a speaker pointing down at a table. Never understood that. I guess there just tring to keep the dust out.
Ummm. The Homepatrol unit has a front firing speaker.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The HP-II's speaker isn't bad for it's size. I have found that the key is to program everything at the +3 volume setting, as I also did on my BCD396XT. This provides the maximum volume option and makes a world of difference.

Voyager

What are people doing for external speakers on the HP-2? Is my only option a DC powered amplified speaker connected to the Line Out or Headphone jack?

Yes. As the HP series has no external speaker connection, the only solution is to use the LINE OUT port and an amplified speaker.

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
HP-2 external speaker

Yes, I am aware of the front firing speaker. I have an environment where more audio is required that what the HP-2 alone can produce. Thanks for the responses. I will go with a portable amplified speaker.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.