EZ Scan Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8WCL

Hi Everybody,

A few week ago I installed the latest version of the EZ Scan Software on a new Dell Laptop. When the software boots up you are automatically in the “General Settings” window of the software. In the center of that window is a section called “Scanlist Control”. The “Scanlist Control” section has a column with the heading of “##”. This column should have numbers in it from 1 thru xx. I noticed that all numbers in this column are missing. This same problem shows up in the “Library Import” window. The column under “Import Categories” with the “##” heading is missing all numbers in the column.

I thought this was an issue with my new laptop but after further investigation, with other PC’s, I determined it was a problem with Windows 10. This problem seems to occur if running the latest Version of Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I have many Windows 10 machines and this issue didn’t occur until I upgraded to the latest Windows 10. This might be Microsoft’s Anniversary Edition but not sure.

After talking to Whistler it didn’t seem like they were going to put much effort into solving the problem. I have sent them screen images etc. By the way, the same problem occurs with all versions of the EZ Scan software including the TRX version. Please let Whistler know when you encounter this problem. If this is you first experience with the EZ Scan Software, you might not know that numbers are supposed to be in these columns. If interested, please EMAIL me and I can send you a screen shot of how it’s not supposed to look.

Bill (W8WCL)

troymail

Silent Key
I just happened to noticed this recently as well. Didn't make the connection to it being a Windows 10 issue. However, it doesn't bother me too much - when I create scanlists, I always use the first 3 characters of the scanlist name to document the scanlist number anyway (i.e. "001 Fire Department", "002 Police Department", etc.). This makes it easier to toggle scanlists on and off - I don't have to remember which scanlist it is (at least, not to turn them off....).

W8WCL

Don't know how many other thing are broken in the software that we don't see! I wish Whistler would acknowledge there is a problem with the software and work on correcting it!

troymail

Silent Key
I'm sure they track things like this - it is the Whistler forum. However, on the whole, I wouldn't call it a major issue that requires immediate action. Other issues related to reception, they tend to jump on a resolve pretty quickly.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it is a Windows 10 issue and not just a change made by Whistler in the latest pc application update? Just a thought...

rwier

Same missing numbers syndrome using Windows 8.1 (x64) (build 9600).
I have no direct memory as to what is missing, but the ## column is blank.

TAbirdman

Those with ### in the scan list area - maybe when Windows updated it changed the screen font size to something larger making the text in EZScan too big for the column. Same as entering numbers in Excel when the column is too small. In my Win7 PC the default font size is SMALL maybe check the display setting in the control panel. Could be that easy. :)

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Have you (or anyone) submitted this via the bug reports email address to Whistler? Just wondering what their response would be. I still lean toward a software update in EZScan instead of a Windows issue, especially since a Windows 8.1 user has also reported it, but I may be wrong.

W8WCL

The numbers should appear regardless of performing any programming and they don't.

This problem has been going on a few months for me. After numerous phone calls to Whistler and after sending them program files and screen shots I've given up. All they can tell me is that they can't replicate the problem.Though I would do a post on RR.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
5zzoUxG.png

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Time for Whistler Wendy to chime in and at least let us know that they are checking into the problem and acknowledge that users are having the issue.

I hadn't noticed it on mine but checked last night and sure enough, same thing.

kibler

Feed Provider
Well......I've been using my RS Pro-668 IScan software for a year now and I have never seen this column filled with any data? My software program came off the original SD card that came in the scanner new! What am I missing here and what difference does it make anyway? My PC runs Windows 8.1 and this should not be the fault of windows program! Thanks

Last edited:

Ed6698

I doubt it is just a EZScan issue, as I have not had this issue until yesterday after a Windows update. Something with the Windows latest update created this issue.

If Whistler techs are using a pc that has not recently been updated they will not see this problem until they do a update. Got to give them some time, I am sure they will have a update out soon after they see the issue themselves.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I doubt it is just a EZScan issue, as I have not had this issue until yesterday after a Windows update. Something with the Windows latest update created this issue.

If Whistler techs are using a pc that has not recently been updated they will not see this problem until they do a update. Got to give them some time, I am sure they will have a update out soon after they see the issue themselves.

Perhaps. I guess since it's across multiple OS's, that's why I think it is something else. If it was only Win10 or only Win10AE then it would be more clear. Could be another app or applet that is running in the background that recently had an update. You are right - time is needed for it to rear its ugly head on their end.

Personally it isn't a huge deal to me but I can see why it could be for some, especially if they turn scan lists off and on a lot while monitoring. Well, actually that would be scansets so I guess it isn't really a big deal since the names are displayed in EZScan.

W8WCL

I'm sure Windows 10 wasn't completely rewritten. There might be a common module between Windows 8 and 10 that was updated that is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.