TRX-2: Ezscan blocked by norton web safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded Ezscan to test out the software after hearing differing opinions and looking at a possible NXDN scanner. Just an FYI to others but when I tried to do the library updates and others it always failed. A little troubleshooting revealed that my router running Norton web safe to block malicious domains was blocking the update website. I can get around it by turning off web safe. Going to nortons site it shows the update website has not yet been tested. Whistler may want to get the website in the safe list.

SCPD

QRT
You have to go in allowed applications and set (Ezscan) to Custom then make a green check for each box from left to right or Norton will block the application from updating. Or just use windows firewall thats built in or get a router with a built in firewall,thats much easier to deal with in my opinion.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but Norton SAfe Web does not run on the PC. It actually runs on the Belkin router that all my devices connect to. There is no way to set an application like EzScan as allowed. The malicious website filter is on or off. If I am using a web browser to get to a blocked site I can click for a one time exception. Using EzScan I never get that option. Web filtering is on by default on a lot of new WiFi routers.

Status
Not open for further replies.