EZSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeyjimmie

Can someone give me a step by step tour of EZSCAN to program a trunking system.
I know how to get the country province and city./county but the I am not sure the order of steps
to program a system.I get some systems working then it does not transfer to my scanner. It is
hit and miss for me.Sometimes when I try to program a new system I end up losing one I already
programed.
Would appreciate some help....thanks James in Canada (Ontario)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Joey, I'm unsure which scanner you have - there are 6 of them now - but did you check out the Easier to Read manuals? While I think he doesn't have one for the TRX series yet, the ones listed at the bottom of this article from our wiki do mention EZ-Scan in the title...at least it's a place to start..

GRE/RS PC Object Oriented FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

joeyjimmie

EZSCAN HELP

I forgot to mention the scanner I am using is the TRX 1.

I am looking for step by step programming a system using EZSCAN
I know how to enter the country, state/province and city/counties but then
I am not sure of the proper order to program a trunking system.
Sometimes I get it right other times it does not transfer to my scanner
Other times I lose what I have already programmed.'
I am missing a step or not doing it in the proper order.
I have tried doing it manually but I keep getting the code/call whistler thing.
I have called support and they do not know why it does this but they always get
my scanner working again.The support has been great.

I feel safer using the EZSCAN method but I need to know the proper order to programe it.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
EZSCAN?

deleted. Don't know Canada

Last edited by a moderator:

Ubbe

What can I tell you, it's the way that EZScan sometimes missbehave.

Just now I was editing name tags for talkgroups and suddenly I get a textbox saying it couldn't read from memory 000000000x and my name tag where entered into the wildcard TG, probably because it was the first one in the list, and reset all vaules associated with the wildcard and had to be reentered.

I have one trunked system that I earlier deleted a TG and when I try to enter it again it says that it already exists and asks if I would like to change the name tag. I change the name and look for the TG number. It doesn't exist in any trunked system or any scanlist. When programming the scanner the TG isn't active and only triggers the wildcard.

Sometimes when I add a TG or channel to a scanlist it doesn't appear in the list until I exit and restart EZScan.

My guess is that EZScan where developed when scanners where simple to program and now with theese complicated scanners it can't handle the task and freaks out.

I wish there was a way for Whistler to allow Butel to make a more functional programming software but now they are tied to RadioReference as the only third party to receive support.

/Ubbe

Swipesy

My guess is that EZScan where developed when scanners where simple to program and now with theese complicated scanners it can't handle the task and freaks out.

/Ubbe

EZScan was developed specifically for these scanners. It was first introduced with the release of the GRE PSR-800. I have used EZScan since 2012 and never have had any issue with the software not functioning within it's designed paramaters. I have used it everyday for 4 years now. My guess is your issue is not the software but rather your PC, or perhaps you the user.

rwier

" ... never have had any issue with the software not functioning within it's designed parameters ..."

Yep, I'd even call EZScan "feature rich". Of course, that means you must read the manual, or you'll trip all over those "features", lol.

kc8tmv

EZ Scan - TRX-1 - Radio ID input

I have list of radio ID's for a specific system. I can see how to add / import them, but here is my question. My list looks like this:
RadioID Tag
12345### Police1
6789### Fire1

So there are many radios per radio ID range and the software does not like the ### as wildcard.
Is there a way to do this with out making a list of every single combination>

troymail

Silent Key
I have list of radio ID's for a specific system. I can see how to add / import them, but here is my question. My list looks like this:
RadioID Tag
12345### Police1
6789### Fire1

So there are many radios per radio ID range and the software does not like the ### as wildcard.
Is there a way to do this with out making a list of every single combination>

No - you'll need to provide specific IDs.

The easiest/most common way to do this is using some type of a spreadsheet.

Might not be a bad suggestion though -- allow for providing a "range" (start/low to end/high) with a common label ("Police").

Swipesy

I use about 9,000 radio ID's in my PSR-800. The problem with using a range of RID's, at least up here in the Cleveland, Ohio area, is that with all the different communities, especially on MARCS-IP, the radios are not always in continuous sequence for a particular community and/or department.

kc8tmv

Status
Not open for further replies.