F-150 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Some better pictures of the console.. hard to get a picture of the whole thing.

2zguiw0.jpg

j9x35h.jpg

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Well Done! Clean install both inside and out, and I like the idea of the ball mount on the toolbox as opposed to the truck body. What sort of speaker setup do you have?

Just regular speakers... the console has cutouts for two and then there are two under the seats.

The low band antenna works well on the toolbox and is easy to take on and off. We only use low band for specific operations so it is rare that it is on there anyway. The chrome ball blends right in with the toolbox when the whip isn't installed.

KN1IGHT

How was the console installed/ mounted?
(I know Havis has a 2009-2014 F150 tunnel mount for their consoles, that just uses the seat bolts, but Troy doesn't seem to have something like that).

I have a 2014 F150 XL Regular cab & since there is rarely someone sitting in that centre seat, I've been contemplating removing the centre seat entirely & replacing it with a console like that for some radios & a scanner (without making any holes in the floor preferably).

Very clean install though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
How was the console installed/ mounted?
(I know Havis has a 2009-2014 F150 tunnel mount for their consoles, that just uses the seat bolts, but Troy doesn't seem to have something like that).

I have a 2014 F150 XL Regular cab & since there is rarely someone sitting in that centre seat, I've been contemplating removing the centre seat entirely & replacing it with a console like that for some radios & a scanner (without making any holes in the floor preferably).

Very clean install though.

It's a Havis floor plate that actually mounts to the attachment for the OEM center console/seat. It's not an exact match but I made it work.

KN1IGHT

It's a Havis floor plate that actually mounts to the attachment for the OEM center console/seat. It's not an exact match but I made it work.

Thanks for the answer. :)
I was thinking of that solution for my F150, & a Troy console prior to asking, but wasn't to sure if 2 different manufacturers would go together at all. At least now I know it's possible to use that Havis mount with the Troy console.

Status
Not open for further replies.