• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F80DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptysky1

I am getting this error on startup. First is shows voltage as 10.0v then the over voltage error. I am using brand new batteries and whenI check the voltage on the battery they are 7.6 volts. I even tried a older battery then read 6.0 volts and still the over volt error displays 10.0 volts, crazy error as I know the batteries are not putting out 10.0 to begin with. I have the factory charger and cup.

Any ideas on what could be happening? Do I need to use the adjustment software? if so what parameters could be causing this?

Thanks
Bob Lee

Bill1957

I am getting this error on startup. First is shows voltage as 10.0v then the over voltage error. I am using brand new batteries and whenI check the voltage on the battery they are 7.6 volts. I even tried a older battery then read 6.0 volts and still the over volt error displays 10.0 volts, crazy error as I know the batteries are not putting out 10.0 to begin with. I have the factory charger and cup.

Any ideas on what could be happening? Do I need to use the adjustment software? if so what parameters could be causing this?

Thanks
Bob Lee

Hi Bob,
Try inhibiting the battery voltage display in the set mode with the software. Also,back up radio file and write blank program to radio, then re-read back-up file. I don't have the adjustment software for that radio. You need to be careful with it anyway if you don't know what you are(like me)doing with it.
Bill

emptysky1

Overvolt issue

Thanks for responding Bill, I did as you described same problem but now instead of 10.0 volts on radio startup it displays OVERVOLT and radio will not work.

Bob W4RTL

Bill1957

Hi Bob,
Have had some strange things happen in the past with Icom radios. De-programming and re-programming them have solved problems in the past. I have the F80DT and have had no problems with it. I think the best thing to do is send it to Icom repair and have them look at it.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.