Facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb3jqq

Tech Guru
Who's dumb idea was it to need a facebook account to leave comments on feeds?
I won't allow my identity to be stolen on that site...

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
And you use your callsign for your username here. I haven't tried leaving a comment, but if you don't want to use Facebook I guess you don't get to leave a comment.

Justin

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Personally I was hoping "anonymous" would have shut down the fakebook site....

n9zas

Who's dumb idea was it to need a facebook account to leave comments on feeds?
I won't allow my identity to be stolen on that site...
:roll:

The only way people get their identity stolen on Facebook is by falling for some scam where an "old friend" contacts them and says they have $100,000,000,000,000,000 in a bank account that belonged to a Nigerien oil minister and are willing to transfer it to you if you give them all your personal information.:wink:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

KB3JQQ: You are no more likely to have an identity theft issue on FB, than you are anywhere else. You are responsible for guarding your personal information.

That being said, onto my main comment:
What I do on RR is public, and what I do on FB is non-public. (It is only available to my friends, and the admins.) RR will not be linked to my "real" life.

I do not have my identity liked to anything publicly available on RR for many reasons. To the best of my knowledge, only one (non-admin) user has my information.

If my FB account needs to be linked, so I can make comments, then I guess my comments will be to the feed suppliers, as a PM. I do not cross-link accounts. (Much like how I can no longer sign in to YouTube, as they insist on linking your account to some other site.)

ibagli

If my FB account needs to be linked, so I can make comments, then I guess my comments will be to the feed suppliers, as a PM. I do not cross-link accounts.

They don't get linked. Comments on feed pages are done with Facebook accounts only. RadioReference accounts have nothing to do with it. The people who comment aren't necessarily (and most of them probably aren't) RR users at all.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

ibagli said:
They don't get linked. Comments on feed pages are done with Facebook accounts only. RadioReference accounts have nothing to do with it. The people who comment aren't necessarily (and most of them probably aren't) RR users at all.

The comments would be done with FB, which has nothing to do with RR. Therefore I shouldn't have to expose my FB info, to make comments on RR pages.

Lindsay has decided he wants things to run differently, which is his right, but it will limit comments by RR members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.