Fairfax Couny Fire Dispatch ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschoolRegency

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anything from Fairfax County Fire Dispatch or Fairfax City Police Dispatch in the past week on either my Pro2096 or Pro96.

I get all the other talk groups including all the County Police and mobile fire units but not these dispatch channels.. Any ideas or anyone else experience this?

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
Are you scanning the old system, or the P25 system that they activated a few months back? I hear everything on the P25 system.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

oldschoolRegency

Premium Subscriber
I am scanning the old system, my bad.. I will have to go back to my Win96 page to get the update downloaded. My scanner at work has been working fine but I just started using my home scanners more recently and noticed the channels missing.

Thanks for the heads up...

larkinsyd

Please let me know how the Win96 download goes for the FCFR P25 system. I am also using a Pro96 scanner and have dowloaded P25 FCFR from Radio Reference but am still hearing nothing. Frustrating since my son is a fairfax county firefighter and the wife and I miss keeping up with his calls.
Thanks

ResQguy

Meh
Guess it takes a while to populate? It's here now... OldSchool is it working now?

larkinsyd

Could really use some help here! I am also using a Pro96 scanner, Win96 programming software and have dowloaded P25 FCFR from Radio Reference but am still hearing nothing. Frustrating since my son is a fairfax county firefighter and the wife and I miss keeping up with his calls. There must be something simple I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Did you ever resolve your issue? I am sorry but I just do not know much about the Win96 programing system. Fairfax Fire is now on Fairfax Co (Project 25) but you probably know that. You may want to call around to some Radio Shacks who have someone who knows what they are doing. I do know it will work. Good Luck

larkinsyd

Thanks for the response brownlab - but no I have not resolved my issues with my Pro96 scanner and P25 systems.
I'm going to move my help request to the Radio Shack Scanner forum.
There has to be some simple fix - at least that's what I'm hoping!

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
I am sorry to hear that but I know you can monitor FCFD on the 106. Sounds like you have a conflict between the old P25 system and what they are using now but the RS forum guys should be able to help you out. Make sure you tell them what is going on in detail. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.