Fairfield County

Status
Not open for further replies.

gallagher073

Okay, So I've been monitoring the Fairfield County Repeater with absolutely no traffic whatsoever. I checked the FCC website and the License WDM708 belongs to the Easton Police Department. FCC records show one fixed transmitter location at 74 CENTER RD EASTON, CT. The ERP is limited to 25 watts.

Now, Easton Fire shows as low band 33.56, police 154.04000, ems 155.29500, dpw 156.22500
So, its not the town of easton using it - or maybe it is and i just missed it.

I know the repeater itself is functioning as I hear the repeater tones every couple of hours.

Anybody know what this frequency is used for? Or who uses it?

Info below was copy and pasted from the RR database:

Fairfield, County of
Currently there is a new updated countywide radio system and as a result the old system is gone. The new system is a 24/7 cross patch together and has 6 transmit sites around the county. In the future it will be cross patch with a 700 MHz channel.

Frequency Input
154.10000 158.92500

jsjazz

FF county used to have this has a county wide pd frequency. I don't think it's used much if ever. It is duplicated on 460.1625. I do hear traffic once and a while there. They have a county wide test Sun mornings at 8am. To my knowledge the only dept that uses 154.100 is Bridgeport pd every now and then. (simplex)

Cskib32087

154.100 PL 151.4 is the correct freq.

Its not used much, the VHF is 3 site simulcast and the UHF is 5 or 6 sites simulcast.

Last week it was active as bethel PD was getting it put in all the cars, I got 4 or 5 tests on it and 2 cars talking back and forth saying it was working better than their system.

Bridgeport used to use it but now have a digital encrypted channel that replaced it

APX7500X2

so is this some radio interoperability channel for police?

Yes it is. All the dispatch centers in fairfield county that have a police department have this in their dispatch centers and all UHF and VHF users have it in their mobile and portable radios.
800 trunking users stamford & greenwich have a talk group in the trunking systems for the chiefs freq.
At this time Norwalk & Trumbull have VHF radios in every car for it.. Westport and shelton have no access to it for right now except in dispatch

bmeehan282

Premium Subscriber
Fairfield County Police

Okay, So I've been monitoring the Fairfield County Repeater with absolutely no traffic whatsoever. I checked the FCC website and the License WDM708 belongs to the Easton Police Department. FCC records show one fixed transmitter location at 74 CENTER RD EASTON, CT. The ERP is limited to 25 watts.

Now, Easton Fire shows as low band 33.56, police 154.04000, ems 155.29500, dpw 156.22500
So, its not the town of easton using it - or maybe it is and i just missed it.

I know the repeater itself is functioning as I hear the repeater tones every couple of hours.

Anybody know what this frequency is used for? Or who uses it?

Info below was copy and pasted from the RR database:

Fairfield, County of
Currently there is a new updated countywide radio system and as a result the old system is gone. The new system is a 24/7 cross patch together and has 6 transmit sites around the county. In the future it will be cross patch with a 700 MHz channel.

Frequency Input
154.10000 158.92500

Fairfield County Police Hotline.. Reserved for inter-agency, mutual aid, large incident use. Almost never used.

Bernie

gallagher073

Bernie,

Thanks for the info, I'll continue to monitor it.
Why doesn't the fire service have such a channel?????

It does, and it's shown in the RR database for Fairfield County:

Fairfield County, Connecticut (CT) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Your right, I guess I just missed it. Probably also never used and not crossbanded like the PD hotline is. (Monroe, Danbury, Bethel all on UHF makes it difficult/impossible to communicate)

I just checked, I have this programmed into my 996XT and I've never herd any traffic on it. I noticed no repeater input???

Status
Not open for further replies.