Fairview Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

bownasterm

Im curious do they have any police radios? I cannot find anything on them anywhere on the net it does seem they do have radios for the FD...

Anyone have info on this?

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Fairview operates on CCSO Dispatch and are dispatched by CCSO. This is common for many smaller cities in Collin County. Fairview Public Safety uses numbers in the 86xx range.

SCPD

QRT
Fairview Fire dispatch off Collin Co. Fire TG-ID 912. AMR Ambulance provide some of the EMS services to them, 453.0750 PL: 192.8

bownasterm

Oh i see so they sort of operate like deputies, except their "beat" is just the city of fairview?

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
bownasterm said:
Oh i see so they sort of operate like deputies, except their "beat" is just the city of fairview?

That's a pretty good analogy. They probably are Fairview Police officers, they just get their dispatch services from Collin County SO. Several cities in Collin County operate like this and they all use the same talkgroups. They also back each other up. It is not unusual to see Deputies and Police Officers from other cities answer calls or provide backup to officers in your town. They all work together. Many counties with small PDs operate in similar fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.