• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Faster Memory Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that have, is there a performance increase noteworthy of upgrading the shipped memory card from the class 4 that comes with the unit to a class 10 or somewhere inbetween?

For those of you that have, is there a performance increase noteworthy of upgrading the shipped memory card from the class 4 that comes with the unit to a class 10 or somewhere inbetween?
Not sure what the original card is nowadays, but the original cards that came with my 436/536/HP2 radios were class 4 cheapo cards. I figured they would blow up so I replaced with heavy duty use class 10 cards.

They might load favorites list data slightly faster, but the real advantage is reliability and longevity, along with some additional recording space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

N0BDW

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed no difference in the actual scanner but reading / writing to the card from the computer (new favorites lists, database updates, etc) are faster operations.

As marksmith mentioned the advantages of going to a "better" card aren't necessarily speed of the scanner, but there are advantages.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
I found both my 436 and 536 became less sluggish to key presses when I upgraded to a faster card.

I suspect they were busy writing audio files which caused a slight delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.