• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Favorite beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ11DLN

Premium Subscriber
Miller High Life was always my favorite, and it had to be so cold that the surface was beginning to freeze.
I used to favor that one too, but they all started tasting like soap suds to me awhile back.:( Been a few years since I even cracked one open. Unlike some folks I know, unless it's by Dr.'s prescription, if it don't taste good, I ain't-a gonna drink it.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Definitely didn't think this many people would chime in that's awesome. I know I said Budweiser and that's one of my favorite but if in a pinch for change Pabst Blue Ribbon ( PBR) is always a favorite by me. Plus it's one of the few beers you'll never look like a tool drinking out of the can.

For me, I like saison or a(n) (double) IPA. A good porter at times is great. If I want a refreshing feel, I go for a lemon shandy. Yes, I enjoy craft brews. Or as my wife's coworker says, I like fru-fru beer. Currently I have Lost Coast's Great White in the fridge.

I've had Coronado and Stone. They're very enjoyable. Can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada (though they're not craft, as far as I'm concerned). I'll go for a domestic on occasion but will stick with the crafts.

I prefer local craft brewers but will go out of state on occasion. There are a couple of brewers where I live that I've yet to try. If I'm traveling, however, I'll try their local brewer (if available). Otherwise, I'll grab a can/bottle of Banquet.

Guiness is best drunk in Ireland. The Guiness that DB make here under licence is cr@p. I've just made my first batch of homebrew for 10 years or so - 5 imp. gallons of Coopers Dark, malt extract instead of sugar, 10grammes of Cascade hop pellets. Needs at least 4 weeks to mature and settle - should be about 4.8%. Meanwhile I'm drinking a locally made "American IPA" - made to be drunk at 4degs C, not to have all the flavour frozen out of it!

Premium Subscriber
Guiness is best drunk in Ireland. The Guiness that DB make here under licence is cr@p. I've just made my first batch of homebrew for 10 years or so - 5 imp. gallons of Coopers Dark, malt extract instead of sugar, 10grammes of Cascade hop pellets. Needs at least 4 weeks to mature and settle - should be about 4.8%. Meanwhile I'm drinking a locally made "American IPA" - made to be drunk at 4degs C, not to have all the flavour frozen out of it!
Maybe so, but it's still better than much of the others here in the U.S. My wife got me a homebrew kit. It sat under the kitchen window and was recently moved out to the garage. I think I shall reclaim the box and give it a try. I like a beer you would need a knife and fork to drink.

I like a beer you would need a knife and fork to drink.
Exactly. Plenty of flavour, but not too alcoholic - say 6% max - which is why I added the hops - a good bitter start, then the caramel of the malt and the almost chocolate after taste - but it all depends on your own taste buds.

Don't forget to be critical of your own beer and drink somebody elses too - I swap a bottle frequently with a mate just to keep up the competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.