• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Favorite beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever my son has brewed or a Genesee Cream Ale!
I was just going to say, I can't believe all these posts and nobody posts a decent beer until NOW.

Genesee cream ale. That's one I can get on board with.
I'm fortunate to have a liquor store nearby that actually carries it.

It was probably the first beer I ever drank. My grandpa who is from Rochester (where Genssee is from) used to drink that a lot and one day when I was real young, I got to taste it

KC1UA

Scan New England Guru
Database Admin
It's amusing to see everyone's beer choices. Drink what you enjoy, no one should be judging.

But...if you've never tried some of the wonderful craft beer that is brewed here in America, you owe it to yourself to do so at least once. Like your mama said to you growing up, "if you don't like it you never have to have it again..."

Tonight's enjoyment here was Jack's Abby Jabby Brau Session Lager, and one of my favorites, a good ol' Harpoon IPA.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
I'm surprised I started this forum and it took off like this. Glad to see that RR users do like chiming in on their favorite brews and are introducing myself and other users to new beers worth trying.

rbm

So what kind of beer will yall be drinking this labor day weekend? I myself am going cheap and light with Miller Lites
Well ...........................

I have a keg of Yuengling Traditional lager.

A keg of Stone Delicious IPA

A keg of Southern Tier IPA

and .....................

Four kegs of home brew ........

A nut brown ale

A chocolate Porter....................

An Oatmeal Stout even better than Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout .... by far! (this brings tears to my eyes when it's empty! EVERY time!)

and ..

A light lemon ale. ;)

Something for everyone!

So ......... decisions, decisions, decisions.

Oh, and a case (or two) of Heineken bottles. ;)

Rich

Edit: Life is too short to drink bad beer! ;)

Last edited:

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Well ...........................

I have a keg of Yuengling Traditional lager.

A keg of Stone Delicious IPA

A keg of Southern Tier IPA

and .....................

Four kegs of home brew ........

A nut brown ale

A chocolate Porter....................

An Oatmeal Stout even better than Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout .... by far! (this brings tears to my eyes when it's empty! EVERY time!)

and ..

A light lemon ale. ;)

Something for everyone!

So ......... decisions, decisions, decisions.

Oh, and a case (or two) of Heineken bottles. ;)

Rich

Edit: Life is too short to drink bad beer! ;)

Very nice sir!!

Anyone else care to chime in?

Jim_Shaffer

Premium Subscriber
Any good pumpkin beers out there now?
So far the ones I'm partial to are Lancaster Baked Pumpkin Ale, or if you want something not as in-your-face with the pumpkin pie spices, Sam Adams Pumpkin Batch. Or if you want something even more subtle, but still a craft beer, Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Or, if you want to go in the other direction for something light and less boozy,Jack-O-Traveler Pumpkin Shandy.

The Angry Video Game Nerd got me on Rolling Rock. I also like the 'not your fathers' ginger ale and root beer.

rbm

Highland Brewing Company- Oatmeal Porter.
I've been a home brewer for around 25 years. And a wine maker much longer that that.

I make close to 100 gallons of wine and 60 gallons of beer each year.
They go over very well at family gatherings, picnics, etc.

I make an Oatmeal Stout that would put tears in your eyes. ;)
Far better (and smoother) than Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout. (IMHO)

I made three kegs of Oatmeal stout for the holidays and still have a keg and a half left. (Having a glass right now. ;) )
When the weather warms up in the spring, I'll be making another three kegs.

I used to make a chocolate porter that was better than a candy bar, but I can no longer find the chocolate extract I used.
I keep looking for a source, and when I do, I'll be making a LOT of it.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.