Favorite dealers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GKS

I know every group has it's favorite dealers. Can anyone recommend one for a BC15 I want to get for my webpage scanner.

Last edited:

scannersnstuff

for service and realiability i like grove electronics.not the cheapest however.grove has a not happy,return it policy too.a lot of other mail order place's do not have that.i'd rather get stuck paying return shipping,than with a $550.00 radio i don't like.i WILL NOT deal with SCANNERWORLD.even if they were the last scanner dealer on earth.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
W4CRT said:
I know every group has it's favorite dealers. Can anyone recommend one for a BC15 I want to get for my webpage scanner.
Actually, as you can see from the above responses, this site is more individual than maybe others you might be used to. I suggest you do your research at the various dealers' web sites and when you whittle your choices down a to a few, then ask about them specifically.

N4GKS

loumaag said:
Actually, as you can see from the above responses, this site is more individual than maybe others you might be used to. I suggest you do your research at the various dealers' web sites and when you whittle your choices down a to a few, then ask about them specifically.

I've narrowed it down to Scanner Master and USAScan.

Turbo68

I have been dealing with Grove/Scanner Master for the past 12 years & over the other side of the atlantic in the uk i have been dealing with Martin Lynch/Waters & Stanton and all these shops got excellent customer service and always reply to emails & they send the items very quick when you order which usually takes around 7 working days for delivery to australia.

Regards Lino.

Astro25

Be prepared for a PITA if you have ScannerMaster ship to a different address than the billing one (ie gift, for a friend, etc)

Other than that, they're fine. Got a BCT15 and BCT996D from them. Shipped/packaged well.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
pdfdems286 said:
for service and realiability i like grove electronics.not the cheapest however.grove has a not happy,return it policy too.a lot of other mail order place's do not have that.i'd rather get stuck paying return shipping,than with a $550.00 radio i don't like.i WILL NOT deal with SCANNERWORLD.even if they were the last scanner dealer on earth.
they, Scannerworld, are rude. years ago grandpa let me use his credit card to order an antenna and i told the lady several times i have a credit card grandpa said i can use but some lady told "sir if you don't have a credit card we can't help you" and hung up!!!

Eric Burris

elk2370bruce

Ham Radio Outlet. I deal with the store in Delaware or on line. They've never given me any concern. Over the years, we've all gotten burned or had less than stellar response from at least one provider. I would agree, pretty much, with the complaints expressed above as fairly common.

scannersnstuff

i had a similar dealing with scannerworld. several year's ago i called to place an order.the "old lady" who identified as the owner's mother was ruder than ----.i wanted to return a defective item i bought from them.after she gave me a hard time and kept me on the phone for like a 1/2 an hour,she said they would return my money.when they sent my refund they shorted me a few buck's.i never complained.i vowed never to give them my buisness again.i have also been told by several source's that they sell re-pack's.scanner's that were returned or refurbished and then sold as "new".

Status
Not open for further replies.