fayette co road talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Noticing road users on type II talkgroups.. 29xx and 30xx i didnt catch the exact number. I have the older type I groups in also. Came up during wildcard search.

If you get this tony.. is the county phasing out the type I groups?

Frank N3OBL

talviar

Noticing road users on type II talkgroups.. 29xx and 30xx i didnt catch the exact number. I have the older type I groups in also. Came up during wildcard search.

If you get this tony.. is the county phasing out the type I groups?

Frank N3OBL

Hmm. . . .
Switchover with phasing out of Type I talkgroups occured in 2006 during our upgrades to the Motorola Gold Elite Consoles. . .
Never updated the agency web site with the Type II talkgroups for municipal crews. . . was waiting until someone asked why they couldn't hear the snowplows anymore. . . 3 1/2 years later Frank asks . . . .

When I get back to the office next week I will post the Municipal/Snow plow talk groups on the system with the official designator and fix the agency web site to reflect as such.

All Type 1 talk groups are no longer in existence on the system.. Fayette is a Straight Simulcast Smartnet Type II system since the upgrades in '06

(An incompatibility was found between Gold Elite Consoles and a Central Controller for trunking supporting Type I or Type IIi Talk groups causing intermittent communications failures between the console and the trunking repeaters--solution from Motorola --how many radios will only function on Type I? replace them and reprogram everything to Type II . . . Approximately 20 radios needed replaced by the municipal users/fleet. A lot of the equipment was in boxes awaiting repair and parts due to age. . . Made it an easy factor to change ovesr to Type II)

Again, I'll post the Type II municipal data next week. (At home on vacation and don't have the data here)

Tony

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Sorry, i dont monitor it as much as i would like!

Well that answers that..

Hey could it be possible to get a current listing of the ems services down there and what areas they cover.

Frank

talviar

Frank, et. al.,

Supervisor Channel 2416
CVIL City 2896
UTN City 2928
TWP N E 2960
TWP N W 2992
TWP S E 3024
TWP S W 3056
BORO N E 3088
BORO N W 3120
BORO S E 3152
BORO S W 3184
Municipal to 911 1520

Above are the Municipal Type II Talkgroups on the Fayette TRS. . .

If the DB Administrator isn't Ben Russell, and DB admin sees this, contact me and I can provide identifying info to confirm accuracy of the above data.

Need to find the map that says what TWP and BOROs are covered where but for the most Part NSEW divider is US RT 40 and US RT 119 in the County with center being Uniontown.
Townships divided by US RT 40 or US RT 119 are covered in the channel where the bulk of their township resides. Wharton Twp is split by RT 40 but majority is South of RT 40 so they would be TWP S E

Tony

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Talkgroups have been added. Also, I made changes to a few of the alpha tags. The purpose of the alpha tag field, as explained in the admin handbook, is not to list the channel name displayed on an agency radio, but to put the most descriptive tag possible for scanner listeners. So, I copied all the official channel tags to the description field and started changing some alpha tags to help people not familiar with the area know what they're monitoring. Some of the tags don't really need changing and some do, but I could not think of a better alternative at 1 AM when I was still up doing this.

talviar

Talk Around . . . .
however unless you are within 1/2-1 mile of where the incident is, you most likely will not hear anything. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.