FCC Exams Learning and Trial software

Status
Not open for further replies.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
For info, FCC exams learning and trial software produced by Doug VK4ADC. Great for learning for the exams, and for those of us who sat them or similar some time back to see what we remember and what we don't :)

Installation details down the bottom of the page at the link below. Then for the online trial test, select a pool question file, hit "Prepare" to load the file then "Start".

Questions/comments? Don't ask me, I'm just putting the availability of this out there :) If you find bugs or have suggestions, email Doug through the Contact page from the menu on the LHS of this web page:

FCC Trial Exam Software

k6cpo

How is this better than all the other US ham radio license software already out there? Do we really need another learning site?

Hit_Factor

Give a guy a break. He shared a site he thought was worth while and the next two responses poop all over it.

This is one way to obtain or upgrade a license. If you don't like it do something about it. But be careful that your plan doesn't kill our hobby.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Exactly.

I support theory being studied and understood beforehand for any licence class.

I felt the software is user-friendly enough to be beneficial to anyone to test one's knowledge, hence sharing. How it is used is up to the individual.

W5lz

For What It's Worth...

Testing is to determine what/how much you know. It is not to teach you anything. Testing is a good idea because it tells people if you have enough 'smarts' to keep yourself legal and from harming yourself and others. It isn't intended to be 'easy' or 'simple' because what the license allows you to do isn't either of those things, and you really can do some damage by not being at least aware of the possibilities. An extreme example of this is if everyone could carry a gun. No, not everyone should. Some people are just not suited to do that because they seem not to think of the consequences and responsibilities of doing so. [No, I'm not a "gun nut"! But I do support the Constitution and Bill of Rights.] I, and you, are aware of what happens when a 'privilege' is used wrongly. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.