• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FCC Menu and the 700P/Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR-94

Does the KRD version of the 700P/Pi have the same FCC Menu features as a P7100? I know the RU versions that I have seen do indeed have the same features in the FCC Menu as the P7100. Does anyone remember if the KRD version of the 700P/Pi supports the same FCC Menu? I can't find any info that's specific to the KRD version.

TDR-94

I guess this version of the 700P/Pi is too old for anyone to remember specifics about it.

Oh well.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I can only remember this much: The FCC menu requires certain versions of firmware to be operational. If the firmware doesn't support it, FCC menu will not work.

It's a handy tool when it does work. In conventional mode you get a pretty good RSSI/signal strength meter and in trunked mode you can see site activity as a percentage of system loading and site signal strength.

TDR-94

Do you remember if the FCC Menu has the Hz error readout in the Menu on the KRD 700P? I know it does on the RU 700P.

Would the KRD possibly need the SC4 FCC Menu file?

TDR-94

Just checked,the KRD version doesn't have the Hz error readout in the standard FCC Menu.The menu is pretty bare in comparison to the RU version or a P7100. I'm wondering if the sc4.FCC Menu file may have it.

TDR-94

Nope. The sc4.FCC Menu file didn't expand on the FCC Menu already available in the radio, like the sc5.FCC Menu file does for radios programmed with RPM. :(

On a side note,I can't get the Squelch adjustment to work. I have SQLCH assigned to a button and assigned in the conventional radio MENU,but it just bonks when selected or the button is pressed. I also have the squelch check box checked in Power Up Options and it makes no difference.Still doesn't work.

Did these KRD 700P/Pi's actually support the manual squelch adjustment feature? ProGrammer R18B Help indicates that it's supported for the 700P/Pi,but no mention of whether it may be specific to the KRD or RU.

TDR-94

Yes,it can only be used on conventional analog systems. It's functional on the P7100/5100,P7200,P7300,XG etc... It's functional on the 700P/Pi RU version. Doesn't function on the KRD. I was also checking other assignable functions and found that CMD MUTE and CG SEL don't function either on the KRD.

If those are assigned to the radio MENU or a function key and you select them,the radio just gives you the audible error bonk tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.