FDNY and 10th Anniversary of 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Lindsay:
Without taking this too far OT, I just learned that FDNY and all other first responders are not invited to the Ground Zero memorial event. There are numerous news stories on this, the mayor's office has stated that due to the number (estimated to be 10,000) that there would be too many security isues, etc. etc .etc. - but there will be an event later for them..

Something wrong here.......

I hope there will be something on FDNY radio.. it will be more meaningful than what will come from the politicians..

Last edited:

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
FDNY doesn't run this show, it's always been the Mayor's office and the Port Authority. So, TG 1856 on the UHF TRS is used to coordinate media set-ups around the site and 470.5875/156.7 & 453.650/156.7 are PA ops and security. PAPD has two TGs [00-121&00-022] on a low power EDACS TRS on site. If the fire dept needs to comm, they use a fire ground channel. Also, Subway 2 [460.625/91.5] was being tested by the Radio Shop. I don't know if it will be used Sunday.
I'll be there doing one of the hand held cameras in the "pool" feed. Look for close ups of the stage and family members. When I can, my 396 will be in close call mode.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
On DoITT UHF TG Special Events 3: running radio checks: "Mobile Command to Alarm Teams".
Port Authority TRS very busy.

scnnr

I'm more along the lines asking if FDNY dispatch is going to do a special dispatch that morning honoring those that were kiled etc ?

I would think that the Fire Dispatch ( Command Center) would probably come on air at the time of the first plane strike and ask for a minute of silence or something like that.

Going to be one heck of a emotional day for all tomorrow.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
They did several moments of silence on Manhattan 154.25

tone - The time is XXX - we will observe one minute of silence to commemorate the moment when XXX

one minute later

The time is XXX, Dispatcher 750

Status
Not open for further replies.