FDNY DARS - Home Patrol - can’t hear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS01

We have two Uniden HomePatrol-II ‘s.

We are able to listen to FDNY 800 MHz DOITT trunked (6A-6D Plus OEM) but our unit can’t pick up the DARS system (400 MHz trunked - right) even though we have placed all the talkgroups into a Scan list. One for each Division plus the SOC talkgroups.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

D

DaveNF2G

Is anything special going on? The DARS talkgroups are basically for special events and are quiet most of the time.

RS01

When there is an active incident on DIVISION, DARS and its ability to monitor and transmit out local Tactical radio traffic comes in crystal clear on Broadcastify. But on our Home Patrols — nadda ?

Danny37

Since it's a simulcast system you may be getting distortion from being dead set between 2 transmitter sites. Check here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5647 and see if you're between two sites.

I also had the same problem and the only thing that worked was using a poor antenna, kinda sucks since my homepatrol is dedicated to scanning the doitt system.

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Did you enter...
Base 482.000
Spacing 6.25
Offset 380
And all control channels programmed in correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
I don’t own a HP-1/2, I forgot that you probably don’t need to program it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ten13

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the Services "Fire-Tac" selected, and "Fire-Talk" selected for those "6A," 6B", etc, channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.