FDNY EMS Citiwide 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny37

Do high priority calls go over the Citiwide frquency or just MCIs? Priority calls like cardiac, asthma, gsw and pins?

bxcp

Premium Subscriber
EMS CW 1

Possible MCI are transmitted over the EMS CW 1 channel. The rest of the calls are handled on the area frequencies.

Danny37

SOD seems to be doing a good job with transmitting high priority EMS jobs. I guess it cause most or either EMTs or medics. Except they don't transmit MCIs

bxcp

Premium Subscriber
EMS Citywide

There is a major difference between the two channels. SOD is NYPD & they transmit all 'reported' serious incident - most are unconfirmed. EMS-CW1 transmits only confirmed incidents where NYPD, FDNY, or an EMS unit is all ready on the scene & requesting EMS assistance or jobs where EMS responds to stand-by.

FDNY all day transmits reports of fires & various emergencies. Most are minor, or even false alarms. When there is a need for more then, two or three EMS crews or units, if needed that call is transmitted over EMS- CW1. The same hold true to SOD. The transmission of a bank alarm does not all ways mean that the bank had been robbed! That my friend is the difference between the two frequencies.

I am sorry to say that in recent years with the increase years SOD has gotten to busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.