FDNY/PAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

I heard a BC say he was on the radio with the PAPD. Do they have access to the PAPD radio system or were they using a different channel?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps the BC has a PAPD radio checked out at a command post. FDNY vehicles do not have EDACS radios.

The more likely scenario is they are using UTAC/ITAC frequencies. NYC has the ability to cross patch them when required.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps the BC has a PAPD radio checked out at a command post. FDNY vehicles do not have EDACS radios.

The more likely scenario is they are using UTAC/ITAC frequencies. NYC has the ability to cross patch them when required.

Do they use Motobridge up there, or another system?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
They have/had a Motobridge system, I don't know if the dispatch upgrade for NYPD and FDNY with MCC7500 consoles have completed yet and if so, they can do a console patch that way.

On a side note, DOITT also have a WAVE system which patches smartphone with radio on the DOITT 700 System

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Cool. It's nice having that IP-based infrastructure, simplifies a lot of interfacing between devices.

That's the first time I've heard of WAVE being deployed. Lotta bling for a system that doesn't do much, but pretty snazzy.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
It is quite easy to tell when a user is coming over on WAVE, the audio is quite poor when listening on a scanner when compared to P25 audio but I never hear a radio user complain so I guess it sounds OK on their portable.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Simple answer.

Some Fdny units have papd radios. For example bc13 has a radio for the George Washington bridge.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Well that sure is an easy answer :)

Thanks

coolrich55

Simple answer.

Some Fdny units have papd radios. For example bc13 has a radio for the George Washington bridge.

That would make complete sense because it was during the fatal crash on the cross Bronx. BC was talking to the PA about checking cameras as they were unsure of the exact location of the crash initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.