BCT15X: Feature I never knew about

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
The Advanced System Identification feature is cool. I tried it today never knew it was there. In freescan set a custom search, say for example a range of 855-868, be sure to check show advanced box, check the cc only. Pretty easy and works great! I verified four systems pretty quick.

scottyhetzel

The Advanced System Identification feature is cool. I tried it today never knew it was there. In freescan set a custom search, say for example a range of 855-868, be sure to check show advanced box, check the cc only. Pretty easy and works great! I verified four systems pretty quick.

Thanks for sharing !!!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Interesting thanks... so many features in these radios I barely get to them.

I'm guessing the radio knows the system name (in my case Fleetcom) because its transmitted on the data channel?

QDP2012

A link to this thread has been added to the BCT15X RR Wiki page, so more people can learn about this feature.

Thanks for sharing,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That feature goes back to at least the 396T/996T and possibly earlier.

It's just a database that Uniden incorporated into the scanner.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Wait What? Database in the scanner? Not an actual discovery feature? When does that database get updated and how?

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
Here is a list of SysIds and their labels that are contained in the Uniden trunking scanners. These include all of the T/XT models. The P2 models are unknown at this time, but would not surprised me to see them there too. Much of this data is obsolete, and have never been updated.

Attachments

• UnidenSystems.txt
    24.9 KB · Views: 327

marksmith

The P2 models also include this feature. As indicated above... if its an old system the info might be right but if its not coming from the control channel I would not count on it.

If you want the data ftom the control channel... buy a cheap $15 dongle and use initrunker... it reads all info from control channel. Info at unitrunker.com. Your scanner may also be compatible.

Unitrunker is free and shows the system info as well as the correct frequencies, talkgroups and radio id's that are active.

Mark
536HP/HP1e/HP2e/996P2/996XT
996T/396XT(2)/PSR800/PRO668

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Is this a software only feature or can it be done from the keypad? Is it similar to the CC find feature?

slicerwizard

I'm guessing the radio knows the system name (in my case Fleetcom) because its transmitted on the data channel?
In case it wasn't made clear enough to everyone ("but if its not coming from the control channel"), no, systems do not broadcast their names on control channels. These scanners just have a SysID-->SysName translation table. Been that way for a decade now...

Status
Not open for further replies.