HP-2: Features you want in new firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I think the HP-1/HP-2 is the best scanner format out there. I feel however as Uniden progressed to the x36 models they forgot about the little HPs. There were no firmware updates because they have ignored this model.

Bob132

To force scan the double tap has never worked for me. My only alternative is to avoid the current channel or manually select the channel I want.
I've done that a few times myself. Like they say any port in the storm or adapt and over come. I guess if that's the HP-2's only drawback I should consider myself fortunate. It's a great little receiver.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Service menu, menu items and tests.
From RR (Enter to Test mode): "When powering up hold down both the power and volume up button. When the splash screen appears hold down the volume down button only."

I just tested it and it works on the HP2

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Take care when entering the service mode on any scanner capable of upgrades. It is the only mode where you can actually remove a key. If you still have your key, no real issue if you delete / rekey it. But, if you no longer have your key (or if you purchased it with the key already applied) there is no way to recover it.

Ubbe

Only touch the values that you're sure of what they do. Write down the default values before any alterations. The bass and treble adjustments should be available on all scanners to be able to match an external speaker to a scanner.

/Ubbe

bctrainers

While this may not be cost effective, consider ridding of the Dot-Matrix Display and begin the transition over to a LED or OLED/AMOLED based display screen.

More colors, clearer text and display are the largest bonuses to it. I am unsure on power cost, i assume it'd be less?

Status
Not open for further replies.