HP-2: Features you want in new firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrogoth13

- Selectable delay on a per channel basis, just like scan lockout.

- A scan button.

- A large font clock.

- A battery charging option for higher capacity rechargeable batteries

- Priority feature

What options do you want to see in the next firmware update?

Please add them below:

marksmith

I don't care if the HP2 charges batteries at all. Would rather it didn’t have the charging circuitry in there.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
For the HP-2...an option that you don't have to keep saying yes or no to the GPS when you turn it on.

marksmith

Mine has never asked if I want to use the GPS feature.

It would be nice if it could display the active site and frequency while scanning or stopped on a channel.
It would appear you do not connect a GPS.

Mark

SCPD

QRT
PL/DPL squelch tail eliminator as the whistler models have.

Ability to mute the mdc, not necessarily decode which I'm sure most do but I'd be happy with muting part of the mdc.

I think the pl and dpl squelch tail eliminator would be a easy firmware update.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Mine has never asked if I want to use the GPS feature.

It would be nice if it could display the active site and frequency while scanning or stopped on a channel.

If the scanner is connected to a GPS "permanently," as mine was in the car, every time I turned the scanner on it said GPS detected, use GPS or ignore GPS. It was annoying.

marksmith

The same messages result for connecting usb power, asking whether you want to charge. It would be nice to have a choice of never charge or always charge that you answer once.

Just like always use gps, or let me chooae.

Mark

Bob132

I think a scan feature would be great. It never fails when I want to listen to something like a fire call for instance the HP-2 will lock onto another active channel before I can pause it, and I'll miss the traffic I wanted to hear on the fire channel. A scan feature would allow me to resume scanning and lock into what I wanted to hear in the first place. other than that I love the HP-2.

marksmith

I think a scan feature would be great. It never fails when I want to listen to something like a fire call for instance the HP-2 will lock onto another active channel before I can pause it, and I'll miss the traffic I wanted to hear on the fire channel. A scan feature would allow me to resume scanning and lock into what I wanted to hear in the first place. other than that I love the HP-2.
Actually, it would perform just like the scan button on the other Uniden radios. It would resume scanning, but that could either mean

1. It moves to the channel you were interested in.
2. It rechecks the control channel of the current system and potentially re-grabs the same talkgroup you are trying to advance from.
3. It rechecks the control channel of the current system and grabs another talkgroup you don't want.
4. It moves on to another system in the scan sequence, so you have to go through potentially a number of systems to get back to the one you were interested in.

There might be more permutations. While this is all true, a button to force scan might be useful.

One thing that often works is to double tap the bottom (channel) button. Often this works by

1 - holding on current channel, and then
2 - resuming scan.

Mark

Ubbe

It never fails when I want to listen to something like a fire call for instance the HP-2 will lock onto another active channel before I can pause it, and I'll miss the traffic I wanted to hear on the fire channel

It would be very handy if Uniden could add a function that when you tap "replay" and listen to a recorded audio, that you could tap on the channel and listen to that channel live.

/Ubbe

Astrogoth13

If we don't put these ideas down in public Uniden can say they had no idea we wanted these changes and therefore had no reason to issue a firmware update. Now they know. More ideas please.

Bob132

There might be more permutations. While this is all true, a button to force scan might be useful.

One thing that often works is to double tap the bottom (channel) button. Often this works by

1 - holding on current channel, and then
2 - resuming scan.

This is the only scanner I have ever owned (and I've owned many) that didn't come with a scan button. While what you say about the other issues I might encounter is true I still do miss that button. I've been using the alternative method you mentioned above since that is my only other option and some times it works and other times it doesn't. Oh well, I guess that's progress. Thanks a lot for the suggestion though. Much appreciated.

Ubbe

Instead of displaying the text "Department" and "Channel" with the white dots swirling during scanning, show the clock and date. And/or switch to show other info with one second interval, like last transmission received (with option to tune to the freq) current number of channels being scanned and total scan time, memory remaining and other status, instead of looking at swirling dots.

/Ubbe

marksmith

Since I don't spend much time staring at the radio (especially when it is not receiving anything), I don't care whether it is swirling dots or not.

While I guess this thread is a good idea, I believe the fact there is only 1 version of the firmware, as no fixes were required, is the most important factor here.

It works. There may be things we can think up to change it, but there is no need to do anything to fix it.

Mark

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
This is the only scanner I have ever owned (and I've owned many) that didn't come with a scan button. While what you say about the other issues I might encounter is true I still do miss that button. I've been using the alternative method you mentioned above since that is my only other option and some times it works and other times it doesn't. Oh well, I guess that's progress. Thanks a lot for the suggestion though. Much appreciated.
To force scan the double tap has never worked for me. My only alternative is to avoid the current channel or manually select the channel I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.