FEC Freight Train Schedules?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I've taken the task of recording the Defect Detectors on the FEC line from North Miami to Sebastian. Thanks to Brightline I've been successful in recording the 6 southern most detectors (North Miami-MP356.9, Dania Beach-MP346.3, Pompano Beach-MP330.0, Delray Beach-MP319.1, Hypoluxo-MP309.0 & West Palm Beach-MP300.1). The purpose is to add the recordings to the following page https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Florida_East_Coast_Railroad_Defect_Detectors . Now I'm up to the Palm Beach Gardens Detector (MP290.1) and I have to rely on FEC freight trains as Brightline doesn't go north of WPB yet. Yesterday I sat at the PBG DD from 10am to 3pm with not one single train going over the detector. Felt very defeated but not deterred. I went on FEC's website and found a train schedule but it seems a bit difficult to interpret. This is what I gathered & please anyone that can shed light on if it's correct or not the goal is not spend another 8 hours wasted with no trains.
For southbounds I have Train #117 which runs Su,M,Tu,W,Th & Sa leaves Charlotte,NC sometime after 19:00 on the first day, arrives at Atlanta,GA sometime around 21:00, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 16:45 the second day and arrives in Ft. Lauderdale the third day around 8 in the morning.
Train #121 runs Su,M,Tu,W,Th & Sa leaving Charlotte sometime after 19:00 the first day, leaves Atlanta sometime after 21:00, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 19:15 the second day, arrives in Ft. Lauderdale the third day around noon & Miami around 12:30.
Train #107 runs everyday leaving Charlotte sometime after 19:00 on the first day, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 16:00 the second day and arrives in Miami 06:00 the third day and at 11:00 on Saturdays. Train #109 runs everyday but Friday leaving Charlotte sometime after 19:00 on the first day, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 20:30 on the second day and arrives on the third day in Ft. Pierce at 11:00 & Ft. Lauderdale @ noon.
Train #101 runs several schedules from what I gather. We have Su,M,Tu,W,Th & F leaving Atlanta sometime after 21:00 on the first day, arriving in Jacksonville the second day around 10:00, arriving in Miami the third day around 01:30. On Saturday it leaves Atlanta sometime after 18:00 the first day, arrives in Ft. Pierce the second day around 17:00 & arrives in Miami the third day around noon.
Train #127 runs Sundays only and leaves Jacksonville sometime after 19:15 the first day and arrives the next day in Ft. Pierce around 11:00, Ft. Lauderdale around noon & Miami around 15:00.
For northbounds I have Train #202 which runs everyday leaving Miami sometime after 04:00 on the first day and arriving in Cocoa Beach around 08:30.
Train #210 runs M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa leaving Miami at around 17:00 (noon for the local) on the first day & arrives in Atlanta the third day around 05:00.
Train #218 leaves Ft. Lauderdale Su,M,Tu,W & Th sometime after noon on the first day, arrives in Cocoa Beach around 11:30 the second day, arrives in Charlotte the third day around 06:00. Also everyday it leaves Ft. Lauderdale around 20:00 the first day, arrives in Jacksonville around 11:30 the second day, arrives in Atlanta the fourth day around 05:00.
Train #222 leaves Miami everyday sometime after 15:00 & arrives in Jacksonville the second day around 08:00. It leaves Ft. Pierce M,Tu,W,Th,F sometime after 17:00 (13:00 on Saturday) on the first day & arrives in Jacksonville around 09:00 the second day.
Train #226 leaves Miami M,Tu,W,Th & F sometime after 21:00 on the first day, arrives in Jacksonville around 12:30 the second day, arrives in Charlotte the third day around 06:00. It also leaves Miami on Sa & Su sometime after 15:00 on the first day, arrives in Jacksonville around 12:30 the second day, arrives in Charlotte around 06:00 the third day.
Train #335 runs M,Tu,W,Th & F leaving Ft. Pierce sometime after 17:00 on the first day and arrives in Miami the next day around 12:30

CABCARCAT

Banned
Banned
I've taken the task of recording the Defect Detectors on the FEC line from North Miami to Sebastian. Thanks to Brightline I've been successful in recording the 6 southern most detectors (North Miami-MP356.9, Dania Beach-MP346.3, Pompano Beach-MP330.0, Delray Beach-MP319.1, Hypoluxo-MP309.0 & West Palm Beach-MP300.1). The purpose is to add the recordings to the following page https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Florida_East_Coast_Railroad_Defect_Detectors . Now I'm up to the Palm Beach Gardens Detector (MP290.1) and I have to rely on FEC freight trains as Brightline doesn't go north of WPB yet. Yesterday I sat at the PBG DD from 10am to 3pm with not one single train going over the detector. Felt very defeated but not deterred. I went on FEC's website and found a train schedule but it seems a bit difficult to interpret. This is what I gathered & please anyone that can shed light on if it's correct or not the goal is not spend another 8 hours wasted with no trains.
For southbounds I have Train #117 which runs Su,M,Tu,W,Th & Sa leaves Charlotte,NC sometime after 19:00 on the first day, arrives at Atlanta,GA sometime around 21:00, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 16:45 the second day and arrives in Ft. Lauderdale the third day around 8 in the morning.
Train #121 runs Su,M,Tu,W,Th & Sa leaving Charlotte sometime after 19:00 the first day, leaves Atlanta sometime after 21:00, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 19:15 the second day, arrives in Ft. Lauderdale the third day around noon & Miami around 12:30.
Train #107 runs everyday leaving Charlotte sometime after 19:00 on the first day, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 16:00 the second day and arrives in Miami 06:00 the third day and at 11:00 on Saturdays. Train #109 runs everyday but Friday leaving Charlotte sometime after 19:00 on the first day, leaves Jacksonville sometime after 20:30 on the second day and arrives on the third day in Ft. Pierce at 11:00 & Ft. Lauderdale @ noon.
Train #101 runs several schedules from what I gather. We have Su,M,Tu,W,Th & F leaving Atlanta sometime after 21:00 on the first day, arriving in Jacksonville the second day around 10:00, arriving in Miami the third day around 01:30. On Saturday it leaves Atlanta sometime after 18:00 the first day, arrives in Ft. Pierce the second day around 17:00 & arrives in Miami the third day around noon.
Train #127 runs Sundays only and leaves Jacksonville sometime after 19:15 the first day and arrives the next day in Ft. Pierce around 11:00, Ft. Lauderdale around noon & Miami around 15:00.
For northbounds I have Train #202 which runs everyday leaving Miami sometime after 04:00 on the first day and arriving in Cocoa Beach around 08:30.
Train #210 runs M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa leaving Miami at around 17:00 (noon for the local) on the first day & arrives in Atlanta the third day around 05:00.
Train #218 leaves Ft. Lauderdale Su,M,Tu,W & Th sometime after noon on the first day, arrives in Cocoa Beach around 11:30 the second day, arrives in Charlotte the third day around 06:00. Also everyday it leaves Ft. Lauderdale around 20:00 the first day, arrives in Jacksonville around 11:30 the second day, arrives in Atlanta the fourth day around 05:00.
Train #222 leaves Miami everyday sometime after 15:00 & arrives in Jacksonville the second day around 08:00. It leaves Ft. Pierce M,Tu,W,Th,F sometime after 17:00 (13:00 on Saturday) on the first day & arrives in Jacksonville around 09:00 the second day.
Train #226 leaves Miami M,Tu,W,Th & F sometime after 21:00 on the first day, arrives in Jacksonville around 12:30 the second day, arrives in Charlotte the third day around 06:00. It also leaves Miami on Sa & Su sometime after 15:00 on the first day, arrives in Jacksonville around 12:30 the second day, arrives in Charlotte around 06:00 the third day.
Train #335 runs M,Tu,W,Th & F leaving Ft. Pierce sometime after 17:00 on the first day and arrives in Miami the next day around 12:30

Excellent information. I see on the database that Brightline is running NXDN at Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach stations. Can you confirm that?

JoshuaHufford

Feed Provider
I've never really looked for schedules for freight trains, don't know how many are even available. Freight trains are subject to so many variables I doubt they can ever keep a schedule even if they have one.

When chasing trains I rely on ATCS monitor when available, listening for defect detectors and railroad communication to try to figure out where things are happening.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
When I confirmed the FEC Line (which Brightline runs on) Defect Detectors the Brightline was using 160.530 to call the signals and talk to dispatch. If there using NXDN it may be for something else or in conjunction.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I am very surprised any freight Railroad corporation would make a public notification for train schedules.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I am very surprised any freight Railroad corporation would make a public notification for train schedules.
It's an older list and I had to do some digging on-line & it was compiled by another railfan. But it appears to still be current as I used it to determine when FEC Freight Trains we're going to go by a particular Defect Detector and they were right on time. Well give or take a half hour (usually give lol)!!!!!

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I didn't realize it was a railfan site until I clicked on it and looked around.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I just want to make 100% sure.... I can't locate AGC in the SDS100/200. I am presuming it doesn't have it, if so, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.