FEC RR & CSX Jacksonville Division Completed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
On the Wiki Collaboration Page for Florida there is a link for Florida Railroads. In it you will find a completed list of FEC RR Defect Detectors complete with call sign and coordinates to there exact location. Also under CSX I have completed all of the Subdivisions for the Jacksonville Division. There a more condensed version of the CSX Timetable's. They provide info such as major locations (by milepost) along each line, junctions with other CSX lines & railroads and the special attention was put on Defect Detectors providing there exact location by coordinates as well as the frequency they transmit on and there FCC call sign. The only problem is some subdivisions are listed under "Florida Division" and most are under "Jacksonville Division". But there all there. I hope any Florida Railfans like myself will find this useful!!!!

alabamarailfan

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for your efforts on this project! Impressive, indeed! Do you know if there are plans for any other live audio feeds for the FEC other than the one for Bowden Yard?
Keep up the good work and 73!

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
To be honest, I don't. I haven't even listened to the one that is up. I tried to do a live feed here in West Palm Beach using my old laptop which has XP on it but it didn't want to cooperate. I'll be doing more Divisions/Subdivisions in the future. It's all the info I would want as a railfanner in a simpler to read format.

Railham_CJ

Premium Subscriber
Excellent guide on the P&A Sub. There slowly switching over to the new voice on the DD's. 744.3 just got changed over a few weeks ago.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
Excellent guide on the P&A Sub. There slowly switching over to the new voice on the DD's. 744.3 just got changed over a few weeks ago.

That's kool. I'm going to try and get out there in the field and record some defect detectors and add the recordings next to the link. If you have any and want to do the same feel free. When I lived up in Upstate NY I recorded all the detectors on the CSX "Chicago Line" and will be adding them soon. I'm getting them transferred from an old mini cassette to CD.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
I have some from Ohio and other random ones recorded from Amtrak as well.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I have some from Ohio and other random ones recorded from Amtrak as well.

Sweet!!!! Would love to hear them. I've never added an audio link to the wiki page before but I think I've got the procedure to do it. Mine were on a minicassette tape that I had to take to someone so they could transfer it over to CD cause my old minicassette player doesn't work anymore. Once I got it back I'll be posting the audio links next to the corresponding detector on the CSX Chicago Line. I'll keep you in mind when I do the subdivisions in Ohio so you can add those.

Status
Not open for further replies.