• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Fed Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristisphoto

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
739
Secondary channel MY bet....

MOst likely ther secondary or third etc

THis is common!!
Why I don't know, except in bigger towns, cities etc,
they have SOO much traffic that having just one channel woud be INSANE...
\And deadly.....


Crista
 

jfab

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
1,461
Location
Broomfield/Aurora, CO
cristisphoto said:
MOst likely ther secondary or third etc

THis is common!!
Why I don't know, except in bigger towns, cities etc,
they have SOO much traffic that having just one channel woud be INSANE...
\And deadly.....


Crista
Yeah. However they are not using their "primary"channel at all!
 

jfab

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
1,461
Location
Broomfield/Aurora, CO
cristisphoto said:
Hmmmm that is intersting
Still common though!!

Maybe they are "tossing", things up a bit....
OR maybe dispatch just changes channel every once in a while
How busy is that channell??

Federal Heights PD is Conventional:

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=241

Crista
They stay relativly busy for the size of the town. Negative. They switched to DTRS. I will change that right now!! Thanks for your help!
 

cristisphoto

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
739
Also>>>>

No problem
ALso FYI
look above the freq parts and there are a few EDACs systems as well
and about one Project 25
and about one LTR

Regards
Crista
 

jimmnn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
14,327
Location
Colorado
cristisphoto said:
Hmmmm that is intersting
Still common though!!

Maybe they are "tossing", things up a bit....
OR maybe dispatch just changes channel every once in a while
How busy is that channell??

Federal Heights PD is Conventional:

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=241

Crista
Suggest you program in and try that conventional freq, they have not been on UHF for over a year.

Jim<
 

luke-1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
611
Location
Parker, CO
jfab said:
Yeah. However they are not using their "primary"channel at all!
Primary is probably on "emergency traffic only" in which case they would move new calls to channel 2.

Luke
 

scanlist

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
2,029
Location
Greeley, CO
Just paging for the FD on 453.900. All Fire agencies dispatched by ADCOM are paged on their old conventional UHF's and VHF's out East.

If you program up the old PD channel 453.575 you will hear public works on it as they reassigned the channel to them.

Phil.
 

RISC777

Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
935
jfab,
Their FD also flip flopped, so to say, their two freq.s also. So long as you have each ones two TRS IDs, you'll hear their traffic. The toning off of TRS is up to you.
 

jfab

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
1,461
Location
Broomfield/Aurora, CO
RISC777 said:
jfab,
Their FD also flip flopped, so to say, their two freq.s also. So long as you have each ones two TRS IDs, you'll hear their traffic. The toning off of TRS is up to you.
Sorry, but what is TRS??? Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top