Federal frequencies NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

When you say "Changed", from what and based on what time-frame? :confused:
or compared to what list?

Also, what part of the State, each area / agency uses different channels
in each part : ie: NYC / Western, Eastern, Northern....

Does anyone know if the "fed" frequencies have changed,in New York state? (FBI,SS,Border Patrol)

ecps92

Are you locked in with CTCSS tone?s? that might be the problem as they have migrated to P25.

How about some examples of what you have in, that have gone DOA.

I've had the frequencies since the mid nineties up till now. I live in Rochester, NY..(western)

ecps92

Examples of who/what you are listening to ? Might help out.

Are you just not hearing Anything or hearing white-noise? and Statis [P25]?

Not much has changed, except they moved from analog [PL / DPL etc] to Digital [P25]

What do you currently have in the scanner? :confused:

I've had the frequencies since the mid nineties up till now. I live in Rochester, NY..(western)

SCANdal

Silent Key
Son, the time has come for you to upgrade...

Bill,

Here, let me make this easier for you...

Does anyone know if the "fed" frequencies have changed,in New York state? (FBI,SS,Border Patrol)
Nick,

Yes, they have.

SCANdal

Seriously though...by "old scanners" I presume you are refering to models that will not take four decimal places after the dot on a VHF-high band frequency, i.e.: 165.2875. While these types of frequencies have been around for quite a while now in the federal world, they've become more prevelent and, thanks the the FCC 2013 mandate, speading throughout the entire PW (public safety) and IB (industrial/business) world. Yes, 165.2875 will convert to 165.285 on many older scanners - and you will still be able to copy traffic - the bigger problem is what type of traffic you are going to hear. As '92 suggested above, with the migration to P25 in full swing in the federal world, you're out of luck in copying what remains in the clear without a narrowband, APCO P-25 digital capable scanner handy.

SCANdal

Last edited:

ecps92

Actually still waiting for the OP to post what he is trying to listen to [actual frequencies vs agencies] as there is still plenty of Analog out there.

Sadly, so many want it handed to them. :( vs attempting to search it out themselves......

Bill,

Here, let me make this easier for you...

Nick,

Yes, they have.

SCANdal

Seriously though...by "old scanners" I presume you are refering to models that will not take four decimal places after the dot on a VHF-high band frequency, i.e.: 165.2875. While these types of frequencies have been around for quite a while now in the federal world, they've become more prevelent and, thanks the the FCC 2013 mandate, speading throughout the entire PW (public safety) and IB (industrial/business) world. Yes, 165.2875 will convert to 165.285 on many older scanners - and you will still be able to copy traffic - the bigger problem is what type of traffic you are going to hear. As '92 suggested above, with the migration to P25 in full swing in the federal world, you're out of luck in copying what remains in the clear without a narrowband, APCO P-25 digital capable scanner handy.

SCANdal

SOFA_KING

True, Bill...so true. For me the search is almost more fun than listening to the knowns. And this is a great time to be searching. I'm just loving my new PRO-106. I take it everywhere and it has yeilded some great new finds. Even with the stock duck it hears a great amount of traffic.

Phil

ecps92

Yup, weekends and Sunday Mornings [from hills and mtns] are even better. Amazing what you can find, when the Business Band RF world is still recovering from a Fri/Sat Night at the Bar.

Tons of new Freq's, Re-Confirmations and with a little patience a long sought-out input frequency.

Spent Sunday AM, listening to a CAP Comm Drill. Confirmed 4 Rptrs, 2 inputs and 2 Air-Air channels , all FM It's great when the Birds are flying.

Phil - enjoy your trip and we look forward to copious Notes ! :D

True, Bill...so true. For me the search is almost more fun than listening to the knowns. And this is a great time to be searching. I'm just loving my new PRO-106. I take it everywhere and it has yeilded some great new finds. Even with the stock duck it hears a great amount of traffic.

Phil

Fed Channels Illinois Area(CURRENTLY ACTIVE)

I found the following FED Channels Currently Active in CHICAGO

a.170.625 167.9 PL Out/ offset 6.1375 -
b 167.050 192.8 PL Out/offset 5.750+
c. 167.2125 167.9 PL out/offset 3.225-
d. 168.325 167.9 PL out / offset 3.525-
e.167.3375 167.9 PL out/1.4735 offset -
f. 168.725 167.9 PL out/4.200 offset-
g. 164.550 167.9 PL out/ 4.3125 offset + (TASK FORCE REPEATER)
h. 170.725 167.9 PL out/ offset 6.700-
i. 170.900167.9 PL OUT/6.850 offset -
j 170.675 167.9PL OUT/6.200 offset -
k. 170.625 167.9 PL out/ OFFSET 6.150-
l. 167.5625 167.9 PL out simplex operations
m. 168.325 167.9 PL out/ OFFSET 3.525-

These are the ACTUAL CURRENT ACTIVE FBI FREQS in ILLINOIS AND INDIANA that
ARE ACTUALLY IN USE.

I need to get:

ALL MARS CHANNELS (input outut and PL)
ALL FEMA VHF CHANNELS (input output and PL)
ALL CAPS CHANNELS (input output AND pl)

Thanks: info can be sent either here or to my email cortchubby2007@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.