FedEx Systems - Memphis Int. Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

The DB shows Motorola trunking systems. I have these systems programmed into my radio but haven't listened for awhile. Recently, the systems are dead. I was informed that FE is now using MOTOTRBO trunking at the airport. I can find no information regarding this change. DB still shows the "old" systems. Anyone have any info on this "info?" I did search this forum for any comments prior to asking this question.

Kind regards,

Gatorman

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
it's possible it hasn't been added to the DB yet, probably needs to be sorted out (Pun intended)

Gatorman

Well, I listened for a control channel on the existing system and it was there. So, just to be safe, connected outdoor antenna and I'm hearing the Type II Motorola trunking. I used to be able to hear them with the antenna on the radio. Not sure what has changed. So, maybe my source was wrong. Anyone else hearing the FE systems at MEM, please let me know.
Thanks!

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Probably changing out antennas before changing out repeater infrastructure. Next step is to move a few channels over from Type 2 to Mototrbo and perform coverage checks, verify programming is good, get consoles working, etc. Then on the day of cutover, you would power off old repeaters and power on new ones as users left the old system and migrated to the new system. Most often, the old system is completely dead by the end of that day. Sometimes, the customer requires the old one be left up for days/weeks just in case. TT

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I would start searching for the standup of the TRBO CC as that will happen quickly.

regression

Well, I listened for a control channel on the existing system and it was there. So, just to be safe, connected outdoor antenna and I'm hearing the Type II Motorola trunking. I used to be able to hear them with the antenna on the radio. Not sure what has changed. So, maybe my source was wrong. Anyone else hearing the FE systems at MEM, please let me know.
Thanks!

I can barely hear the system from western Germantown using the antenna on the radio. Occasionally I will see one S unit appear for the control channel. I have heard some traffic on talk group 57648 - Police Ch A - Primary. I am listening to this system (imported into my BCD436HP using Sentinel): https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=773

johnoconnor98

Premium Subscriber
The Airport cops shared the old fedex Type 1 system. Maybe they kept part of the system up for them until their new Phase 2 system goes in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

INDY72

Shelby County/Memphis is separate and is planning on upgrade to Phase II capable P25, but not sure if they will go it alone, or go TACN now. Fed Ex is going to go TRBO as all of the Fed Ex systems are nationwide.

INDY72

MotoTRBO trunking is either Connect Plus, Capacity Plus, or Capacity Max. In the menu of the BCD436HP you will see a list of DMR types... One Frequency Trunk which is used for basic Conventional DMR or IP Site Connect Conventional DMR systems to do proper full display of all the Time Slots, and Talk Groups, and Color Codes. MotoTRBO Trunk which is what you use for the true trunked DMR systems. Set it up as MotoTRBO Trunk.... Then run Analyze on it to find out if it is an CON (Connect Plus), CAP (Capacity Plus), or T3 which is Tier 3 which is what almost all Capacity Max systems are. Then you must run LCN finder. Once you have most of the LCN's in place you can successfully trunk track it. Its best if you can get ALL the LCN's, but this can be tricky on Capacity Plus, and Capacity Max systems as they do NOT have a dedicated Control Channel and are basically the DMR version of LTR. Also, during Analyze, if it is an Connect Plus you will also see the System ID (SysID), Site Number etc..... Capacity Plus/Max will not display this data. Pretty much all of the 800 MHz Fed Ex TRS are Connect Plus or Capacity Plus Single Site. Almost all of the converted Motorola Type I, II, and IIi ones are Connect Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.