Feed Keeps droping every few minutes please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

holweger23

Feed Provider
Hello,
So I’m not going to lie I'm new to broadcasting and to RR. So any help would be great!

What happens is my feed goes down every few minutes then reconnects. Then 3 minutes later goes out again. I have a dedicated computer with windows xp pro, net framework 2 and scannercast v0.14 (10307). That’s all I have on the computer (just reformatted it today) no antivirus and all auto updates n system checks are disabled. I have cable internet at 25mbps.

I have a copy of the scanner cast text file of when it happens.

26-Feb-2012 01:26:29 *****************************
26-Feb-2012 01:26:29 Server start requested.
26-Feb-2012 01:26:34 Retrieving initial auto-config for user 'holweger23'
26-Feb-2012 01:26:35 Selected Feed: Richland County Police, Fire, and EMS(10953)
26-Feb-2012 01:26:35 Selected Feed: Richland County Police, Fire, and EMS(10953)
26-Feb-2012 01:26:35 Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio (1)
26-Feb-2012 01:26:35 MP3 BitRate: 16Kbps
26-Feb-2012 01:26:35 Stream name: Richland County Police, Fire, and EMS
26-Feb-2012 01:26:36 Connecting to Icecast server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735
26-Feb-2012 01:26:36 Connection complete to RR server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735
26-Feb-2012 01:27:20 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
26-Feb-2012 01:27:20 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary):

Message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Source: System
TargetSite: Void Write(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at ScannerCast.ScannerCast.PushClientThread()

--Message: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
TargetSite: Int32 Send(Byte[], Int32, Int32, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags)
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
Socket error: 10053

26-Feb-2012 01:27:30 Connection complete to RR server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735
26-Feb-2012 01:28:45 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
26-Feb-2012 01:28:45 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary):

Message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

--Message: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
StackTrace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

26-Feb-2012 01:28:55 Connection complete to RR server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735
26-Feb-2012 01:33:43 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
26-Feb-2012 01:33:43 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary):

Message: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

--Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Socket error: 10054

26-Feb-2012 01:33:53 Connection complete to RR server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735
26-Feb-2012 01:37:53 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
26-Feb-2012 01:37:53 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary):

26-Feb-2012 01:38:03 Connection complete to RR server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735
26-Feb-2012 01:40:30 Write to Icecast server failed Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
26-Feb-2012 01:40:30 Disconnect details follow (for debugging if necessary):

26-Feb-2012 01:40:40 Connection complete to RR server audio9.radioreference.com/838745735

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

thanks,
Holweger23

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I had the same problem with audio1 yesterday around 1400EST roughly.

Java webplayer reported that the feed kept dropping but Scannercast showed no problems.

Scannercast will usually run for weeks without a problem but Friday it dropped out completely and experienced drops on Saturday afternoon.

I was able to browse RR and other sites fine using IE so I don't think the problem was on my end.

holweger23

Feed Provider
I highly recommend you replace Scannercast with RadioFeed.
I had problems similar to yours, but none since switching to RadioFeed.

i downloaded radio feed and seems to be the same thing

source client connected to radio reference server
source client radio reference timeout
source client disconnected

then connects and starts all over again

any other ideas??

holweger23

Feed Provider
I had the same problem with audio1 yesterday around 1400EST roughly.

Java webplayer reported that the feed kept dropping but Scannercast showed no problems.

Scannercast will usually run for weeks without a problem but Friday it dropped out completely and experienced drops on Saturday afternoon.

I was able to browse RR and other sites fine using IE so I don't think the problem was on my end.

yes i can browse fine and i look and my internet has been connected for over 2 hours ( after the last restart) but scannercast pops up a window saying feed is down then it will reconnect and say its up. but will never stay up for more then 5 mins.

04Z1V6

What antivirus software do you Use? Sorry about that I read that you have none. If you reformatted I would go back and make sure you have all the windows Updates.

Last edited:

holweger23

Feed Provider
now the feed has been on for over an hour? i have no idea whats going. i was looking on other threads and im using a wifi card in the computer do to my router not being that accessible but i look and my internet never goes down. idk if that would be a problem or not. i know its a linkys g card with speed boost. it also runs about 35-54 mbps to the router.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Mine just crapped out again with the same error message as you got.

The only thing that has changed with my computer is the upgrade I did to Trunk88 a few days ago.

I'll run Scannercast without Trunk88 and we'll see how stable the feed is.

At least I'm able to login remotely and restart the feed.

holweger23

Feed Provider
Mine just crapped out again with the same error message as you got.

The only thing that has changed with my computer is the upgrade I did to Trunk88 a few days ago.

I'll run Scannercast without Trunk88 and we'll see how stable the feed is.

At least I'm able to login remotely and restart the feed.

mine has been working for 5 hours now. so idk why this morning and last night it kept cuting out. i havent changed any thing

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Dropped again at 2102 tonight but came back up without intervention.

Going to apply Windows updates and reboot.

Hopefully it will be more stable.

If not then it will be time to look at using another program.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Speed Boost

now the feed has been on for over an hour? i have no idea whats going. i was looking on other threads and im using a wifi card in the computer do to my router not being that accessible but i look and my internet never goes down. idk if that would be a problem or not. i know its a linkys g card with speed boost. it also runs about 35-54 mbps to the router.

Try disabling the speed boost on your wireless network. When I enable mine it drops connection every few minutes. Without speed boost the connection is solid. (Note: disable speed boost on the router)

holweger23

Feed Provider
Try disabling the speed boost on your wireless network. When I enable mine it drops connection every few minutes. Without speed boost the connection is solid. (Note: disable speed boost on the router)

My router doesnt have the speed boost its my wireless card in the computer... but i disabled the linkys program and i use windows xp for the wireless connection. I havent changed any thing today and its ben on for over 12 hours with no problems... knock on wood

holweger23

Feed Provider
So my feed ran for 18 hours with out any problem now at 3am it started to disconnect n reconnect all the time again. I have no idea what to try next. Its so random. Any one else heard of a problem like this?

ak4fn

Have you checked the properties of the wireless card for something that has to do with power settings? some have "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

holweger23

Feed Provider
Have you checked the properties of the wireless card for something that has to do with power settings? some have "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

See i thought maybe my internet was making it stop but i looked and i can be on the web and the feed will still drop. Then reconnect. I look at my wireless car properties and see my internets been up for like 22 hours

04Z1V6

I had this same problem with my wireless and someone on here helped me solve it. I wish I could remember what I did or find that post but I have not had that problem for over two years.

holweger23

Feed Provider

yes i checked and made sure that was unchecked and also that the speed boost was off i also disabled windows firewall

holweger23

Feed Provider
I had this same problem with my wireless and someone on here helped me solve it. I wish I could remember what I did or find that post but I have not had that problem for over two years.

i could really use it now ha... its so random and weird i really dont want to move it by my router because it will make the computer very hard to check and see how every things going. if you could remember anything that would help.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Interesting.

Mine drops about every two days at random times. It generally only drops once and for only about 10 seconds, but it's the same error that you're receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.