Feed Provider Incentives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
gfdfortynine :

Please completely read the site that NFR85 posted for you Feed Provider Incentives - The RadioReference Wiki especially just under the " Now, here are the rules, disclaimers, etc ".

If I read it correctly, Premium Subscriber's which are feed broadcasters are not eligible for incentive awards.

Hope I am reading it wrong, though, 2000 listeners is a lot and should be worth something at the very least an acknowledgement of reaching that goal. ( imo )

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think you read it incorrectly:

"Premium feed broadcasters are not eligible for incentive awards."

Neither Frontenac County feed is a Premium Feed.

gfdfortynine

gfdfortynine :

Please completely read the site that NFR85 posted for you Feed Provider Incentives - The RadioReference Wiki especially just under the " Now, here are the rules, disclaimers, etc ".

If I read it correctly, Premium Subscriber's which are feed broadcasters are not eligible for incentive awards.

Hope I am reading it wrong, though, 2000 listeners is a lot and should be worth something at the very least an acknowledgement of reaching that goal. ( imo )

So is a "Premium Broadcaster" and "Premium Subscriber" the same thing? Don't think I'm running premium feeds.
You supply the feeds they give you the Premium membership. Would seem to be kinda wacked to take away a incentive because of a incentive but due to the non response from any kind of management seems it might be the case.
I originally put the feeds online for my local FD to monitor and added another feed just to see if I could. I guess as feed providers we all strive to be the top feed like Chicago Police most always is. So I guess I have accomplished that with no prize other then a big count on the max number of listeners counter.
I have found other alternatives for my FD because my county is going digital and for me to continue feeds in the same capacity a new digital scanner would have to be purchased. I was kinda thinking the $50 could go toward that scanner but its kinda looking like the smart money is to just shut down the feeds when the digital transition happens.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
So is a "Premium Broadcaster" and "Premium Subscriber" the same thing?

No, they're not the same thing.

A premium subscriber is a type of RadioReference account.

A premium broadcaster is a type of Broadcastify account for someone wanting to do more with their feed. I forget what the extras are that a premium broadcaster gets but a longer archive period might be one of them.

gfdfortynine

A premium broadcaster is a type of Broadcastify account for someone wanting to do more with their feed. I forget what the extras are that a premium broadcaster gets but a longer archive period might be one of them.

Thank you for the clarification.

Now back to the original question....
My feed Kingston Area Fire, had over 2000 listeners Dec 17,2013. How do I get the $50 gift certificate?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I would go into your Feed page and click on the Help link. That will allow you to directly contact one of the Live Audio Admins.

SCPD

QRT

Is premium broadcasting available? I don't see anywhere it is offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.