Feed Static URLs for Premium Subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Used for a home data project, sorting etc.

But it is also used in regards to active volunteering and bushfire alerts in WA, Australia.

What exactly does that mean? I'm not able to glean how we can support your efforts there. Are you trying to setup some commercial service based on our archives / services? I attempted to lookup what you are doing based on your email address domain and that resolves to nothing. ???

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I later found that I could open two simultaneous streams if I used my Broadcastify credentials for one stream and my Radioreference credentials for the second. I assumed that this was by design.
I'm not sure I understand this. The RadioReference and Broadcastify user database are literally the exact same user credential database.

ConnorMS

)
What exactly does that mean? I'm not able to glean how we can support your efforts there. Are you trying to setup some commercial service based on our archives / services? I attempted to lookup what you are doing based on your email address domain and that resolves to nothing. ???

Hey, mate, all planning at the moment for a little project I'm attempting to work on. I'm attempting to send an SMS when a bushfire alert is issued through local means and attaching a small part of audio in the message at the same time.

Alternatively, the archiving is for my data hoarding needs at home :p, I wasn't clear apologies for that :)

Cheers,
Connor

lukemester

Feed Provider
I'm not sure I understand this. The RadioReference and Broadcastify user database are literally the exact same user credential database.

I have one login for Radioreference. This was my original one. I have in my notes that I was given another one when Broadcastify started. My notes list this as "Broadcastify zendesk login" I use it when logging into Broadcastify feed management.

They both link to my lukemester account.

Maybe I somehow got two sets of credentials? After I send this message I'm going to log off and then try the opposite set of credentials for RR and broadcastify. Possibly either one will log onto either service. I've never tried before. I always just used one for RR and the other for Broadcastify.

OK, logged back on.

Both credentials work on either site, RR or Broadcastify.

Also, this may have something to do with this. One set uses "lukemester" for the user name the other uses my email address as the user name.

Looks like I was using one credential for RR and the other for Radioreference when either one will actually work.

Last edited:

NYRHKY94

We don't have any login restrictions or restrictions on the amount of feeds or concurrent feeds you can listen to. I'm not sure what problem you are experiencing here.
I have noticed the same issue as the other posters. After using the new static URL sign in and pasting that URL into various players, I get either an access to audio.broadcastify.com was denied or 403 account already in use when trying to listen to "more than 2 of the same feeds". Definitely a concurrency restriction of some kind when using the static url sign.

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
Very interesting, thanks for the feature and making it https!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have noticed the same issue as the other posters. After using the new static URL sign in and pasting that URL into various players, I get either an access to audio.broadcastify.com was denied or 403 account already in use when trying to listen to "more than 2 of the same feeds". Definitely a concurrency restriction of some kind when using the static url sign.
OK, thanks for the report. I'm going to have a look today to see what might be happening here and see if I can recreate. Stay tuned.

Note: this is why it's in beta :)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ok, I just tested this.

If you are trying to listen to multiple instances of the same stream with the same username and password, the server will report back a 403 error account already in use.

You can however listen to multiple different streams with the same username and password without any problems.

What is the use case where you would need to listen to the same stream multiple times?

csharper

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is it possible to add different method of authentication? I'd like to stream these through my Sonos, which doesn't seem to like basic auth in the user:foo@domain format. It accepts it, it just doesn't appear to pass it/work. Perhaps the ability to add it as a querystring at another URI? foo.mp?username=me&password=123

Also, it'd be nice if this could be a token rather than our actual credentials - it's kind of bad form to have your password laying around in other apps, players, whatever. That same password could be used to hijack your audio stream, in the case of us feeders, and I'd prefer to keep it secure.

Last edited:

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
i got it working with winamp with username : password,, no spaces but only one session at a time (had the other stream on chrome)

Attachments

• wnampkcso.jpg
    wnampkcso.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 17

csharper

i got it working with winamp with username : password,, no spaces but only one session at a time (had the other stream on chrome)
Thanks - but I'm specifically looking to make it work with Sonos. I'm familiar with how basic auth works in most clients, sadly Sonos does not properly parse/encode the user: pass format into an auth header. Hopefully someone from RR can chime in.

gillham

Feed Provider
Thanks - but I'm specifically looking to make it work with Sonos. I'm familiar with how basic auth works in most clients, sadly Sonos does not properly parse/encode the user: pass format into an auth header. Hopefully someone from RR can chime in.

I was thinking this the other day, that it would be cool to push my stream audio into one of my Sonos speakers. I haven't figured out a way to do so though.

sdu219

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out how to add a specific channel to a squeeze box that will play the feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.