Feeding audio..and archiving said audio..questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks, so I want to feed audio from my scanners/recievers(already am, link below), or even an RTL dongle if it would be easier..and have that audio recorded, and auto archived for say a 30, or 60 day period, and then automatically deleted.. I read a post elsewhere about doing something similar with 2 RTL dongles, I think it was for a fire/ehs system(P25) but it was done on a linux/ubuntu machine if I recall..it would even display it on a webpage with date, time, and talkgroup information.

Is there any software that would make this happen easily, for windows + scanners/audio from a receiver?

I know I could feed to Broadcastify, but they do not allow military communications if I understand the rules correctly, and that is mainly what I am "feeding". Its really just for myself and the few folks who follow the refueling up this way, so I don't need/want anything too complex.

Any suggestions, links or ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since you mentioned the RTL dongles, I'm moving this to the SDR forum where hopefully you can get some answers.

The Utility Monitoring forum is for non-HF broadcast/non-ham traffic below 30 Mhz. You would be well served not to look at only the new posts - this will reveal all the forums we have on this board.

Mike

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
What kind of system are you looking to listen to? trunked/analog trunked/digital or plain analog?
I do trunked/digital with logging and private streaming
logging is stored in a folder, each mp3 file contains a conversation from one radio to another. Files are named like "[Example County Police Dispatch] [Console] [2013-##-## ##:##:##].mp3"

UniTrunker(preview build)->SDR#->DSD->RadioFeed->Streamtastic

Result: I can leave the SDR server on all night, come back in the morning and see which new unknown TGs have showed up, what's been said, which helps with the logging when I submit into the RR database.

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
What kind of system are you looking to listen to? trunked/analog trunked/digital or plain analog?
I do trunked/digital with logging and private streaming
logging is stored in a folder, each mp3 file contains a conversation from one radio to another. Files are named like "[Example County Police Dispatch] [Console] [2013-##-## ##:##:##].mp3"

UniTrunker(preview build)->SDR#->DSD->RadioFeed->Streamtastic

Result: I can leave the SDR server on all night, come back in the morning and see which new unknown TGs have showed up, what's been said, which helps with the logging when I submit into the RR database.

Hey Tyler, thanks for the reply.

I am trying to listen to straight analog (UHF AM) communications from aircraft to aircraft..and I've gotten it set up now to record, and log the traffic using Freescan, combined with Radiofeed, and folder sharing within Radiofeed.

It is somewhat automated, but I was hoping to find something that deletes the audio after a certain amount of time..My reason, I could end up away for a month or two at a time with a new job(maybe longer), so I need something I can just leave running for the entire time I'm gone, but not totally fill up my hard drive in the process.

tylerwatt12

Premium Subscriber
If there are no file locks, you can use task scheduler to run a batch file that deleted your file(s) at a set amount of time

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NE1C4NSC4N

Premium Subscriber
If there are no file locks, you can use task scheduler to run a batch file that deleted your file(s) at a set amount of time

Thanks again Tyler! I really should have thought of that on my own lol.. I guess I'm thinking about too many other details with the move and all.

I may not even need to delete as often as I am thinking about, and have at least 1TB of usable space..so I should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.