• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

FEMA in Paterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

I have all the FEMA frequencies programmed in my radio. After 9/11 FEMA used a repeater that I coould hear quite well from my location. Is anyone closer to Paterson picking up any federal communications related to storm recovery\?

Fema

Hi I live in close proximity to Paterson,if you send me your file I will try it.
Anyone else have any frequencies or files for FEMA?

Loading and running,I have not heard any traffic as of yet but I will let ya know if I do!
Arrent they digital ?I did change the audio to ALL so just in case.

jaymatt1978

I don't know but it you hear anything in digital please let me know
I was in and out today so I didn't hear anything? should I change them to digital???

Fema channels

I had the scanner on all day( i do mean all day),didnt hear any activity on them-
Anyone hear anything on the Fema channels?
I'd say maybe the scanner isnt stopping because they could be using encryption,etc.
I hear a buzzing on 142.400 every now and then but it could be intermod.(i have a high gain antenna)
Maybe they are going to resume operations on Tuesday?

joshua86

I had the scanner on all day( i do mean all day),didnt hear any activity on them-
Anyone hear anything on the Fema channels?
I'd say maybe the scanner isnt stopping because they could be using encryption,etc.
I hear a buzzing on 142.400 every now and then but it could be intermod.(i have a high gain antenna)
Maybe they are going to resume operations on Tuesday?
even if some thing is encrypted you should still be recieving it on a scanner. I have a BCD 996XT and when something encrypted comes over it clicks a few times at the beginning then goes silent and then at the end it clicks a few times again.

fema

I did see on News 12 that Fema will be dispatching alot of members to the NJ area so it may pickup soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.