FHP Freqs.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor05121

Hi all. I'm a volunteer fire fighter out of Suwannee County, FL and a newbie when it comes to these radios. I uncovered a older Yaesu FT-2400H (2-m, 50W mobile) transceiver from my grandpa's radio room and hooked it into my truck. I've programmed the county fire dispatch and also the Sheriff's dispatch and scan between them when I'm on the road. About 50% of our calls are to accidents on I-10 (8 mins from our station) and I just wanted to know if its possible to listen in to FHP radios on this model. I've heard something about them switching to a digital trunking system. I have no idea what that is. Can someone explain that to me in laymans terms? Thanks.

-

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
In short, no.

I will refer you to the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum.

The State of Florida uses full-time encryption that you nor I can monitor with any commercially-available scanner or ham radio.

Find something else to listen to..........................maybe local amateur radio repeaters???

brucedicks

Suw. Co. fireman, could you please list all the freq. that you listen to in Suw. Co. I am in Col. Co. and sometimes like to listen to you.

Thank You

Rover

You could use it to listen too VHF analog stuff, You can not use it to listen to the newer Digital (apco 25) or Truncking radio systems. Look in the Database here for VHF 150 mhz-174 mhz listings for your area and program that into you radio, Also look in the database for Common/Shared frequencies used across Florida for Law/Fire/EMS in the same frequency range, you never know what will show up on the frequencies. You can also hear other stuff like: Railroad, Marine and Commercial Sevices. Consider also programming Ham frequencies and repeaters, these are great for diasters and severe weather. Its a great radio and you might consider getting you Ham Lic. and talking to folks with that radio yourself.

Just My 2c 73 Rover.

Rover

Also...

The Florida Div of Forestry is scannable with your radio..they are in the database for Fla...if you are interested in Forest Fires.

73 Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.