FHP Unitrunker question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I've got Unitrunker receiving a site for FHP.

On the site window, call history tab, there's no activity other than Unitrunker displaying the frequencies.

Is this by design from the system, i.e., call info is hidden from Unitrunker, or am I missing a setting in Unitrunker?

I've already used SDR# to find the strongScreen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.44.45 PM.pngest control channel frequency.Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 2.44.45 PM.png

nd5y

It looks like it's decoding the control channel but there is no voice channel activity or affiliations going on. How long was it running when you took the screen shot?

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
How the control WACN is numbered usually is BEE00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Seems like a Harris System.

In a previous county I resided in, Miami-Dade, they're also on Harris gear, yet, I routinely ran Unitrunker on it w/o problems.

After my last post, I came back and found now some activity, see pic.Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 5.57.32 PM.png

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Does it have P4 anywhere on the list?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Pretty sure that system doesn't see that much activity. Everything is still on the old EDACS system.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
That is the old Harris SLERS P25 system. Hardly any activity other than radio techs on it. FHP is still currently on EDACS with ESK.

Motorola won the P25 SLERS contract so all that (System ID, WACN, Sites, etc.) will be changing and all State (and others in the State system) will be migrating over to the new Motorola P25 system when it is built out.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
That is the old Harris SLERS P25 system. Hardly any activity other than radio techs on it. FHP is still currently on EDACS with ESK.

Motorola won the P25 SLERS contract so all that (System ID, WACN, Sites, etc.) will be changing and all State (and others in the State system) will be migrating over to the new Motorola P25 system when it is built out.

I've got both P25 and the EDACS programmed into my SDS100.

Not a peep.

Thought I would program the CC frequencies in Unitrunker to see if there's ANY activity, just for grins.

Nothing.

I don't even see the scanner stop briefly, like it does when it comes across an encrypted talk group.

I live on the northeast corner of Orange county. Not sure if I should try sites in neighboring counties though.

edweirdFL

I've yet to pickup the signal from the old P25 system here in my location. I have a strong signal from the local SLERS EDACS site and can see the talkgroup IDs and names flash on my SDS200's screen, but so far there's been no voice in the clear, not that I'm expecting to hear any.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I've got both P25 and the EDACS programmed into my SDS100.

Not a peep.

Thought I would program the CC frequencies in Unitrunker to see if there's ANY activity, just for grins.

Nothing.

I don't even see the scanner stop briefly, like it does when it comes across an encrypted talk group.

I live on the northeast corner of Orange county. Not sure if I should try sites in neighboring counties though.

Do you have the Provoice option in your SDS ? If not, you won’t hear a peep on the SLERS EDACS. In addition, almost all users are encrypted. You are wasting your time. The SLERS P25 has ZERO agencies using it full-time.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, spending the money on a PRO Voice upgrade just for the benefit on seeing activity on the screen sans voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.