N2BRI

7fdcc9615788becec6f25fdb6e81dff0.jpg

Kenwood TM - V7

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

N2BRI

Well done!

Where is the radio? Under the seat?

Russell
Yes it's underneath the driver side seat I have enough microphone cable but I'm thinking about getting like a one or two foot microphone RJ45 extension to make it a little more comfortable

N2BRI

I also ordered the replacement White LEDs to make to make the screen contrast better

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
So, that's what the display is supposed to look like! I haven't seen mine in many, many years. Somehow I missed the "memo" when Kenwood was replacing the faulty displays, so now mine is almost totally blank. :(

You have a very nice installation there. It's clean and functional.

SCPD

QRT
Very nice setup!. I have a V7 purchased several moons ago along with the "official" Kenwood remote kit. Glad to see you are using one. My radio still works like a champ surviving heat and cold days in the car . It's a great radio and the way you have mounted the control head, clean and simple with that little thingy holder you are using.

Last edited:

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Fits like it belongs there :) I really like that reversible display. I wasn't aware that Kenwood introduced it in the newer models.

N2BRI

How did you run the power cables to the battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using rear cigarette lighter plug I've had no problems so far is rated at 12 amps and radio does not draw more than 9

Status
Not open for further replies.