Finding Federal Frequencies [ie Analog/PL Tone?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
I own a Uniden 796 and I am seeing that the fed's are changing over to P-25. Here is my ?...

For example...If I program let's say 165.2375 analog [Customs] with a PL Tone of 100.0 into my 796 and Customs switches that frequency over to P-25 will I hear the new P-25 over the 165.2375/PL of 100.0 that I originally programed in? Another words, will the new P-25 cancel out the older programed in frequency with PL Tone that is in the scanner. Kinda like an "override".

I thought about posting this under the Uniden forum but I am looking for some fed listener's feedback to see if they have tried this.

I was thinking maybe the scanner might see the difference between a analog frequency in use versus a digital and cancel one out for the other even though it has a PL Tone tied to it.

I hope this makes sense.

MikeMike

Premium Subscriber
I think you'll need to remove the PL/CTSS info...

I believe that in order to hear/decode the P-25 transmissions, you'll need to simply program in the freq without any associated codes. I had a local PD go from conventional to P-25 and wondered why I stopped hearing them. As soon as I removed the 110.9 code from the programming I started hearing them loud and clear just as before but now in P-25 digital.

Hope that helps...

-MikeMike

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
I appreciate the help. I was wondering if that was the case. What I find interesting is how when you listen to a P-25 transmission how the squelch is cancelled out until you re-adjust the squelch knob.

This answer does help me understand a little better.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.