Finding more frequencies

usnasa

hello All
I want to ask but is there a way to find more frequencies that is not listed in the RR Database I have noticed some frequencies that are not listed in here is there a book or a different site to find out so we can add more that are not listed in this site , I remember there was a radio call book but it's not available anymore?

nd5y

You can search different places for different services.
FCC license data.
FAA 28 day subscription data
Find the old post with the NTIA database dump.
There were several publications in the past like CRB and some others with federal and military stuff but those would be largely useless now.
Maybe the best way is know the various band plans use the limit search in your scanner to search them and find stuff you can actually hear.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
hello All
I want to ask but is there a way to find more frequencies that is not listed in the RR Database
Best way is to tune around, record or make notes on what you hear. Invest in a Radioreference premium subscription so you can utilize the database search queries to ensure the data doesn't exist elsewhere in the RRDB. As I & others have brought up countless times here, Radioreference relies on user submissions to stay up to date. If you have any confirmed, unlisted frequencies or systems you'd like to submit to the database then by all means do so but be sure to read the Submission Guidelines Page first so you can be familiar with how to format a database submission

usnasa

FCC license data.
There were several publications in the past like CRB and some others with federal and military stuff but those would be largely useless now.
Maybe the best way is know the various band plans use the limit search in your scanner to search them and find stuff you can actually hear.
thank you

usnasa

Best way is to tune around, record or make notes on what you hear. Invest in a Radioreference premium subscription so you can utilize the database search queries to ensure the data doesn't exist elsewhere in the RRDB. As I & others have brought up countless times here, Radioreference relies on user submissions to stay up to date. If you have any confirmed, unlisted frequencies or systems you'd like to submit to the database then by all means do so but be sure to read the Submission Guidelines Page first so you can be familiar with how to format a database submission
thank you

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
I use the FCC "Site/Market/Frequency" search page.
This search page allows you to enter GPS coordinates of a specific location (the control point) and do a radius search.
This is great for finding frequencies of companies home based somewhere else.
Example, Enter your home GPS and do a one mile radius and it will show you everything licensed near you.

usnasa

I use the FCC "Site/Market/Frequency" search page.
This search page allows you to enter GPS coordinates of a specific location (the control point) and do a radius search.
This is great for finding frequencies of companies home based somewhere else.
Example, Enter your home GPS and do a one mile radius and it will show you everything licensed near you.
oh ok thank you and where do you find that fcc page ?

nd5y

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
FCC license data.

You might want to add (for the FAA) besides the subscription, more usable forms for some at:
And get the maps that you are interest in too at the links on the left of that page.

usnasa

RichM

This is great advice, searching with your radio is one of the best and most rewarding ways to find unlisted things near you. While the internet databases are good resources, they are sometimes outdated or slow to add new things.

Most scanners have excellent tools built in like service search, limit search, signal stalker, wildcard etc. I always have wildcard running on my Pro197 and I catch every new talk group that pops up near me in real time. Often weeks or months before they make it into RR. I also monitor military air and very few of those freqs are listed online. During my time searching the MilAir bands I have collected dozens of active freqs, most of which are unique to my general area.

If you decide to try searching you may find it addictive and a whole new aspect to the hobby. Some strategies to help with success are using a dedicated search scanner as well as a second scanner for monitoring known finds, using an outdoor antenna, learning SDR, logging and recording etc.

Good luck and have fun with it.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
i have about 10 uniden 436/536/SDS scanners in discovery mode rolling 24/7 for many years in the tampa bay area. I can do a full search of my personal recording database and say one particular frequency has 25 hits of different PLs DPLs Digital Ran or DMR CC

when i use my premium subscription to search the RR database, I only get matches on maybe 6 out of those 25 hits. so while there is a lot of info in the RR database, there's way more stuff out there that has yet to be identified and entered into RR

submit what you find.

Ubbe

The thing is that FCC and other sources only has the name of the license holder of the frequency, that can be a radio company, and the actual users can be a totally different company. RR doesn't accept frequencies with partial info to be entered into the database. If they would then that frequency would end up in Unidens and Whistlers database and all scanner listeners would monitor that frequency labeled as unknown and a second label as "Report to RR". Those who couldn't care less just do avoid to it but those who like to solve a mystery could listen and note down info about the user and what the TG's are used for and report to RR. But as it is now that frequency are not even being scanned so scanner user are unaware of it.

It would fill the database much quicker instead of having one single RR frequency admin guy drive around in the county trying to catch as much traffic as possible and then analyze at home, spending most of his spare time and don't even have the time to do this often enough.

/Ubbe