Finest Towing (Miami) Using Scanners To Scoop Tremont Tow Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

While I understand tow companies offer legitimate services like jumping cars with dead batteries, removing damaged cars from accident scenes, & towing cars home from the bar when the owners realize they are too drunk to drive, I equate tow companies who tow "illegally" parked cars, & listen to a scanner to steal these calls, to cocaine dealers who steal from each other. You park your car legally, & suddenly there is a no parking sign in front of your car which wasn't there when the car was parked. South Florida is known for this BS. There was a serious problem in Hollywood about this last year, & after constant complaints to Hollywood PD, the tow truck drivers were arrested for auto theft. US1 just north of Pembroke Rd. Ch 10 did a big story about this.

gburlyman

Premium Subscriber
Gary, drove Wrecker for years,not all companies do this to scalp a tow, they monitor to make sure the Non-contract municipalities don't pull for one firm only. This is know as a rotational based setup, which I know FHP uses because it's the only way to keep a level playing field.

Gary KJ4VKQ

Status
Not open for further replies.