• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Fire ground accountability and FDNY tone set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
How and what are they used for?
I wrote a new code plug today on depot for my xts2500 and it gave me the options to add those options to my flash code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
How and what are they used for?
I wrote a new code plug today on depot for my xts2500 and it gave me the options to add those options to my flash code.

Fireground Accountability provides visibility to the incident commander via electronic & automatic identification of the on-scene personnel via portable radios. The incident commander or other individual in charge would have a tablet or computer with software that can see radio location and other info such as Radio Alias, emergency alarm indication, Channel indication, battery indication, power down indication, roll call, evacuation tones, and manual and automatic polling. It is also NIMS Compliant.

FDNY Emergency Rx/Tx Tone Set enables a tone signaling format called ATIS (Automatic Transmitter Identification System) which was used specifically by the FDNY. This tone set sounds simular to MDC but the two systems are not compatible. FDNY uses TPS on the fireground (UHF-T) radios. Each radio is assigned an ID based on the company and the riding position. For instance 2240001 could be Ladder 24, officer. 2240002 hookman, etc. I believe its unit type, company number, division, etc. The Command Tactical Unit has the software that will display the radio ID's and is interfaced to the shift roster so that if Lt Smith came on shift, it would display all of that.
Additionally the tone set option changes the way the user hears an emergency datapacket. I really forget what it sounds like, but I think with recent ASTRO25 and APX firmware its the same/simlar to the high/low tone that these radios now emit.

Both are pretty useless without the proprietary software that makes them work.

Hope this helps!

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I was looking at the software. It seems like a very detailed system. I live in Manhattan and monitor in my 2500 RX only. So when I reflashed it today and wrote a new code plug. It gave Me the option to put them in the flash code.
I know the sound you are talking about for the tac channels.
Would it display the ID on my xts without the MDT that is needed?
I was just reading it requires a laptop with the software and an XTL5000?

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Without the software and a radio connected to the computer, it will do nothing for you. You won't see anything on your radio Display unfortunately.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
ResqChief201
Is this one of the things the field comm units provide when they are on scene?
Never fully understood what their role is.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
That was my next question.
I know that they have the UHF DOITT TRS that they rebroadcast FG Channels on. Is that field comm?

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
ResqChief201
Is this one of the things the field comm units provide when they are on scene?
Never fully understood what their role is.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes they have the ability to see units on a fireground. I don't believe they use the Accountability flash option but they have computers in their vehicles that show the identifiers of each radio transmission and all the info for that unit. The Field Communications Unit is responsible for tracking the assignment of Fire units to different alarms, the release of units from the staging area to the incident area and unit locations at the incident. So basically like a big incident command post. They are also used in other cities such as Chicago IL and Baltimore MD

ResqChief201

Premium Subscriber
That was my next question.
I know that they have the UHF DOITT TRS that they rebroadcast FG Channels on. Is that field comm?

The DoITT UHF System routes Fireground audio out of the Division Commander vehicles and rebroadcasts it on the appropriate Trunked system talkgroups that correlate with each division. This is so Chiefs and other admin personnel can hear the foreground communications. However, I monitor this system and it does always seem as active as you would think it should be.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Thank you for all the great info, the FDNY is extremely complex when it comes to communications.
I once saw a battalion chief using a set up in the lobby of a 55 story residential in midtown, there is so much complexity to their systems.
I monitor the DOITT for the ME talkgroup, but seldom hear the FG talkgroup

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I know we kinda let this die, but could this software be used in an industrial warehouse setting? we have over 50 employees on 1 shift and are looking for a way to have a robust communications and accountability system.

sfd119

No. You would need the proprietary software for this to work. Just use MDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.